Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Pictures Gone!!! Help

I took a picture this afternoon and sent it via MMS. I now went in to find that all of my pictures are gone, including the one that I took, from the gallery. My videos are also gone. I checked the storage card and it stills says 14 gb left. So I know the pics are there but I cant view them, let alone, find them on my phone. Help....where did they go?? Did I hit something that I shouldn't have.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I wish I could help you...I have had this problem for a week or so now and haven't been able to figure out how to get the phone to search for my stored pics on my micro SD card and display them in the gallery. The only pictures I can view are the ones taken with the phone.

I can however plug my phone into the computer and can pull the pics up that way so like you, I know they are there but I can't view them on my phone.

I had that problem. I restarted the phone and they popped back up.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by sevy View Post
    I wish I could help you...I have had this problem for a week or so now and haven't been able to figure out how to get the phone to search for my stored pics on my micro SD card and display them in the gallery. The only pictures I can view are the ones taken with the phone.

I can however plug my phone into the computer and can pull the pics up that way so like you, I know they are there but I can't view them on my phone.
    You can download Astro File Manager from the market. It allows you to search through all the files on your SD card. You should be able to restore them to the gallery from there.
    Thanked by:
    sevy 

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Try this...

-Reboot phone (Power button | restart)
    -Menu | All Apps | Gallery | Select Leftmost Tab on bottom | Menu | Select Show/Hide Albums | make sure all folders you want to appear (unhide) have a checkmark | Save | Retun all the way out
    -Retry

If that doesn't work...

-Menu | Settings | Applications | Manage Applications | Running Tab | Gallery | Select Clear Data/Cache | Return out
    -Retry

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]
    Thanked by 2:
    66dudesevy 

There have been reports of text messages disappearing, happened to me. I wonder if there's some kind of bug. Let us know if you find them.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Got them back...

Sevy you might want to try what I did to finally get them back.

Power off phone
    Removed SD Card
    Start phone
    Power off again
    Inster SD Card
    Power on and they were there

Thanks for all the help people.

I will have to try the file explorer if it happens again.
    Thanked by:
    sevy 

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StormTbolt View Post
    Got them back...

Sevy you might want to try what I did to finally get them back.

Power off phone
    Removed SD Card
    Start phone
    Power off again
    Inster SD Card
    Power on and they were there

Thanks for all the help people.

I will have to try the file explorer if it happens again.
    I tried this and it didn't work for me but I'm glad your problem got fixed. I decided to manually move all of my old pics into the folder where current camera pictures are stored and the gallery app found them after I did this. So I'm assuming the phone just had a problem with digging for the files on the SD card. But i'm happy for all of the options people gave on here. If it happens again in the future I'll try something else.

Do get free Astro File Manager no matter what. Small footprint, easy to use, does NOT require rooting. It will be somewhat restricted as to what it can do with Internal files but anything on the SD Card is pretty much fair game to this app. Very handy.

If anyone else has this problem "sdrescan" will fix u right up. Searches ur entire phone and puts any media type back in your gallery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Try this...

-Reboot phone (Power button | restart)
    -Menu | All Apps | Gallery | Select Leftmost Tab on bottom | Menu | Select Show/Hide Albums | make sure all folders you want to appear (unhide) have a checkmark | Save | Retun all the way out
    -Retry

If that doesn't work...

-Menu | Settings | Applications | Manage Applications | Running Tab | Gallery | Select Clear Data/Cache | Return out
    -Retry

-Frank
    I've had the same exact thing happen to me, and I rebooted the phone, and it works!

On a side note, that's really dumb that I have to reboot the phone just to see some of the missing pictures in the gallery app. I'll go give Astro a try. I already use that app as a file manager, but will also see how that works as a picture viewer.