I lost all of my SMS messages, but...

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Mid-week last week, my SMS messages were suddenly non-existent. I use Handcent, and delete threads regularly, except for my gf (600-ish) and one of my best friends (100-ish).

When this happened, I read into it, and accepted they were gone, and installed MyBackup. Fine, all set for the future, until I finally get to rooting and installing titanium, etc. (BTW, even the Messages app was empty)

But in Handcent, at the bottom, it reads 650 sent messages. That's not even close to what is in the existing threads, and right on par with what I've used since I got the phone on launch day.

Any idea where these messages could be hiding, and if they can be restored some way so I can do a true backup?

swamp

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I use SMS Backup+. It's free. Although I initially wanted a solution to back up both SMS and call history to my SD card after using this app for a bit I decided I like it quite well. Once a day (or at other frequencies of your choice) the app backs up SMS and call history to an IMAP email account. You can also restore these from the email account back to the device. You get the secondary benefit of access to these items through email. There are a lot of other choices for back up. Have a look on the market.

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but I'm not looking for backup options.

My sms messages were emptied, but the message count at the bottom still reflects the total number of messages. Where could these be and could they possibly be restored?

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone? I can't imagine this count is simply cached. Where might these messages be hiding? Any way I can test a restore in some sense even though I've never backed up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol