1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Das BAMF Remix v1.6.3

Default Where is the Gallery found?

Pardon my ignorance, but where on the SD card does the photo/video Gallery reside? I'll be darned if I can find my own photos and videos.

Look in the DCIM directory. There'll be a subdirectory in there with your photos and videos.

BTW, this is standard for all digital cameras. They will create a DCIM directory on their memory cards and then create a directory within the DCIM directory for picture storage.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Are you missing pictures that you transferred over form an old phone? If so I had the same problem. There was another thread about this topic with a few potential solutions to the problem. I posted the url below. Hope this helps.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...gone-help.html
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Das BAMF Remix v1.6.3

Thanks for the replies. No, it's not about missing photos. I just wanted to transfer the pictures I've taken over to the PC and wasn't turning them up.

Now I'm having a different issue on the phone with the Gallery and uploading to Picasa. For some reason it whooshes right past the screen where you enter a caption, etc., and goes to "Add a Google Account." I already have a Google account, obviously. I wish I knew how to get it to stay on the upload screen but it will not cooperate.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by major_works View Post
    Thanks for the replies. No, it's not about missing photos. I just wanted to transfer the pictures I've taken over to the PC and wasn't turning them up.

Now I'm having a different issue on the phone with the Gallery and uploading to Picasa. For some reason it whooshes right past the screen where you enter a caption, etc., and goes to "Add a Google Account." I already have a Google account, obviously. I wish I knew how to get it to stay on the upload screen but it will not cooperate.
    I gotcha. I wish I would help on the Picasa problem but I don't use that app. Good luck though.

Is there something else I'm missing - when I plug in my phone, I don't see ANY folders...
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackberryconvert2011 View Post
    Is there something else I'm missing - when I plug in my phone, I don't see ANY folders...
    In the notification bat on your phone you should see a usb symbol. Click on it, and select "mount as disk drive" our something like that, then you should be able to browse the file structure on your PC.

Or just plug in the USB cable and screen on your phone will open to Choose a Connection Type. Select Mount as disk Drive then press Done. Then open Picasa and when you look in the phone find the DCIM folder. Your pix's will be there
    DNA-Verizon

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I have had to turn my phone off then turn it back on for them to appear in the Gallery after I put them on my PC.