Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Basic questions from a newby....

Just came over from a Blackberry Bold. Still getting use to the touch screen. Overall not a bad phone, but the battery life sure sucks.

What is the latest O.S. that the Thunderbolt can run? Can you update the phone with leaked O.S. like you can with a BB?

Anyone have a good suggestion on an email client?

It's not like a BB... you can root your device and load custom roms. Check out the Thunderbolt Rooting, ROM Forum

Quote Originally Posted by tmfoughty View Post
    Just came over from a Blackberry Bold. Still getting use to the touch screen. Overall not a bad phone, but the battery life sure sucks.

What is the latest O.S. that the Thunderbolt can run? Can you update the phone with leaked O.S. like you can with a BB?

Anyone have a good suggestion on an email client?
    I came from a Storm and I think the Gmail app works well. I just don't have mine pushing and same with the generic Mail app. I have 2 Gmail accounts through the Gmail app and I have my work email using Exchange Active Sync through the generic Mail app. You can have both do push email (Active Sync works really well), but since I'm at a computer most of the day, I only have it push when I actually open the apps.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you for your reply. I will start reading up on it.