Sense 2.3/HTC Sensation

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the tb will get sense 3.0 I can almost bet 3.0 will be for the dualcore phones or tablets. even if it does would you want it I can bet if will be a resource hog, and the current processor may not be able to handle it. Or give you decent frame rates on certain things like the carousel feature. Without being overclocked but I could be wrong I really hope I am
Me too...I hope you are wrong.Those a very valid point.

THUNDERDROID

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Me too...I hope you are wrong.Those a very valid point.

Yeah, but your forgetting the substantual performance increase that gingerbread will give to the thunderbolt just by its self.

I already think as is, it could run this sense 3.0. Maby not as smooth as the sensation, but throw gingerbread onto the thunderbolt and i think we will have a winner. :p

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It won't get the full version of 3.0, because it isn't powerful enough to handle it. I could see them giving it the new lockscreen and some of the newer features, but it will never get the new carousel homescreen or any of 3.0's new animations and transitions.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
A lot of us are hoping that the TBolt will get Sense 3.0 but we are not holding our breath. HTC has not upgraded Sense in phones before (there can always be a first time!). :)
So far they haven't upgraded sense on android phones as far as I know, but they have on WinMo phones tho.

They upgraded the Sense in the Droid Eris, didn't they?

It's very possible. I'd think they'd want to do it since so many customers bought the Thunderbolt ... they would probably want to give a very good impression.

No they sent out some fixes for it but not an upgrade to 2.0, I am keeping my fingers crossed but I really dont think they are going to push this one out to us.

wctaylor79

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I will be happy either way cause I root and ROM, but even with 3.0 the sensation is still only running at 1.2 with dual core. That is not far from the stock speeds of the TB, so running the system shouldn't be an issue. Now single vs. dual yeah dual works less for the same result technically, but it is still running the same speeds and power as the single core.. in theory right? So..

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sound thinking but its not the Clock speed needed it is the workload needed and the bigger GPU included with the processor.

mykpfsu

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I dunno. What in the current Sense really taxes the processor, gpu or RAM? Would Sense 3.0 really tax it? Though its kinda wrong to release the Thunderbolt and then maybe a month later you announce a new UI when part of the selling point of the Thunderbolt was 2.0.
But there is a reason people make ROMs.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I will be happy either way cause I root and ROM, but even with 3.0 the sensation is still only running at 1.2 with dual core. That is not far from the stock speeds of the TB, so running the system shouldn't be an issue. Now single vs. dual yeah dual works less for the same result technically, but it is still running the same speeds and power as the single core.. in theory right? So..

Well, no, actually. Dual core means there are two cores each clocked at 1.2GHz. In theory this would mean that a dual core processor is twice as fast as its single core counterpart. The thing is that CPUs are serial processors meaning they tackle one task at a time. You need software that parses the stream of operations efficiently into two streams and then puts them back together. Since that process in itself takes some processes/time you will never have a perfect parallel processor that is actually twice as powerful. The Motorola Atrix came out with Froyo 2.2 which had no support for dual core. So basically it was a heavy duty processor that took more battery than necessary. With gingerbread that DOES have support for dual core processors it will actually take LESS battery to do operations by virtue of parallel processing and lower required clock speeds (and of course smaller transistor build size as always).

In short: that phone has a LOT more horsepower than this one. Get used to it. In another few months people getting new phones will be scoffing at those with single cores and another few months after that people will be scoffing at dual cores. The TBolt is a great piece of technology and has an incredible practical application for everyday use. It will be "obsolete" very quickly but it will always be an incredibly powerful PDA.

Also: last post on previous page: Sense is actually quite streamlined for what it is. It's a set of widgets, several caked in apps, well polished and ALWAYS smooth animations, as well as an entire platform for homescreens and menus on top of android vanilla. Just goes to show you how far a billion cycles per second on a 45nm (that's roughly an order of magnitude shorter than visible light) transistor build size will take you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bunique4life05

dodgersrgood

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
htc never officially released the new sense for the evo or incredible but each of them run it fine done they? i cant imagine that the new sense will be too much for the thunderbolt to run well if it gets put into a rom or something like that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781