Sense 2.3/HTC Sensation

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or does the Sense UI on HTC Sensation look revamped compared to the HTC Desire S with Sense 2.3GB. I mean I seen plenty of demo's of the HTC Desire S Sense with 2.3GB but the HTC Sensation's t UI defiantly looks has more features or a least much more appealing.

Question
When HTC Thunderbolt get 2.3 GB will we get the plain HTC Desire S UI or will we get the revamped HTC Sensation UI?(It may have been the demo but the HTC Sensations UI looks gorgeous)(GOD I LOVE HTC)

loganthomas51

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe that the sensation has the new sense 3.0 where the desire s has sense 2.0, so while both have android 2.3 gingerbread they have a different version of the sense ui. Since the TB has sense 2.0 it will look like the desire.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Answer most likely the Desire S UI, but it is quite possible that we may see an upgrade to sense 3.0 which may be the reason we have not had access to HTC hub.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
A lot of us are hoping that the TBolt will get Sense 3.0 but we are not holding our breath. HTC has not upgraded Sense in phones before (there can always be a first time!). :)

zshazz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
They upgraded the Sense in the Droid Eris, didn't they?

It's very possible. I'd think they'd want to do it since so many customers bought the Thunderbolt ... they would probably want to give a very good impression.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know about the Eris. Given how new the TBolt is, I hope they do give it Sense 3.0 with the GB upgrade. I'm sure we'll be quite happy if they do.

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Im not unhappy with the current sense on the TB. But I will never shun an update (especially coming from a facinate lol)

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
And don't hold you breath on this new Sense because a lot of the features they're claiming to be in 3.0 were supposed to be in 2.0 but never made it.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
They upgraded the Sense in the Droid Eris, didn't they?

It's very possible. I'd think they'd want to do it since so many customers bought the Thunderbolt ... they would probably want to give a very good impression.

I had the Eris right up to the Tbolt's release, and I don't recall any upgrade to Sense. We got Android 2.1 (what was that one called, "Fruitcake" or something?), but no change to Sense - unless it came in and I didn't know it. I still have it here and can check if anybody knows where I should look ...

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess the only way to get the Sense 3.0 on the TB is through custom roms maybe? I'd be surprised if HTC upgrades the TB to it. :(

Rich Rasp

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
They never updated the EVO so I doubt it.

True, but the new sense did not come until November in the Desire HD and it was not even a US phone and it was almost 6 months later. The thunderbolt just came out last month. That would be like buying a 2010 model car for top price and then the 2011 coming out the following month. It would be a BAD move on HTC's part but I do feel they will upgrade it. I also beleive they will make us wait longer than you think for that upgrade too.. :)

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
We'll probably get Sense 2.1, or whatever it's called. The same found on the Desire S. I believe Sense 3.0 is meant for multi-core phones. There's a lot of graphical straining in the new Sense that the Thunderbolt might not be able to handle well.

But hey, nothing is stropping the community from creating a ROM based off some of the features in Sense 3.0 :)

CZEN2

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I dont think we will get 3.0 i have read in order to do all of the animation effects that i saw in the video and it needs to have a dual core processor to run. Don't know if that's true but it makes sense to me

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
We'll probably get Sense 2.1, or whatever it's called. The same found on the Desire S. I believe Sense 3.0 is meant for multi-core phones. There's a lot of graphical straining in the new Sense that the Thunderbolt might not be able to handle well.

But hey, nothing is stropping the community from creating a ROM based off some of the features in Sense 3.0 :)

I officially or unofficially I would be happy. Sense 3.0 looks really good with Gingerbread. Furthermore if it improves battery life and performance I will have to hold off on CM7.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt on Tapatalk.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Sense, Gingerbread... doesn't matter to me, maybe if I was a stock phone user... It would. Either way, I'm happy with what I got. If developers decide to implement the new features into new upcoming roms.. more power to them. It just falls into the same old category.... Wait for the next best thing, and you'll be waiting forever.... There's always going to be something newer and better the way technology operates. It's bad enough I'm switching phones once a year to play catch up... If a new feature comes out... It could wait.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I doubt the tb will get sense 3.0 I can almost bet 3.0 will be for the dualcore phones or tablets. even if it does would you want it I can bet if will be a resource hog, and the current processor may not be able to handle it. Or give you decent frame rates on certain things like the carousel feature. Without being overclocked but I could be wrong I really hope I am

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21