Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Sense 2.3/HTC Sensation

Is it me or does the Sense UI on HTC Sensation look revamped compared to the HTC Desire S with Sense 2.3GB. I mean I seen plenty of demo's of the HTC Desire S Sense with 2.3GB but the HTC Sensation's t UI defiantly looks has more features or a least much more appealing.

Question
    When HTC Thunderbolt get 2.3 GB will we get the plain HTC Desire S UI or will we get the revamped HTC Sensation UI?(It may have been the demo but the HTC Sensations UI looks gorgeous)(GOD I LOVE HTC)
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

I believe that the sensation has the new sense 3.0 where the desire s has sense 2.0, so while both have android 2.3 gingerbread they have a different version of the sense ui. Since the TB has sense 2.0 it will look like the desire.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Answer most likely the Desire S UI, but it is quite possible that we may see an upgrade to sense 3.0 which may be the reason we have not had access to HTC hub.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

A lot of us are hoping that the TBolt will get Sense 3.0 but we are not holding our breath. HTC has not upgraded Sense in phones before (there can always be a first time!).

ROM
    Das BAMF 1.4

They upgraded the Sense in the Droid Eris, didn't they?

It's very possible. I'd think they'd want to do it since so many customers bought the Thunderbolt ... they would probably want to give a very good impression.

I didn't know about the Eris. Given how new the TBolt is, I hope they do give it Sense 3.0 with the GB upgrade. I'm sure we'll be quite happy if they do.

Im not unhappy with the current sense on the TB. But I will never shun an update (especially coming from a facinate lol)

And don't hold you breath on this new Sense because a lot of the features they're claiming to be in 3.0 were supposed to be in 2.0 but never made it.

Global Posts
    1,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10 KANG

They never updated the EVO so I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by zshazz View Post
    They upgraded the Sense in the Droid Eris, didn't they?

It's very possible. I'd think they'd want to do it since so many customers bought the Thunderbolt ... they would probably want to give a very good impression.
    I had the Eris right up to the Tbolt's release, and I don't recall any upgrade to Sense. We got Android 2.1 (what was that one called, "Fruitcake" or something?), but no change to Sense - unless it came in and I didn't know it. I still have it here and can check if anybody knows where I should look ...

lets worry about getting updates to the phone for the mic for video,skype,netflix etc. i'd rather get those first.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Stock

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by panitsos View Post
    lets worry about getting updates to the phone for the mic for video,skype,netflix etc. i'd rather get those first.
    AGREED!!!! I'd like to see the newer Sense on the TB but i think getting everything on it that was meant to be on it 1st, should be priority.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Depends on my mood ^^

I guess the only way to get the Sense 3.0 on the TB is through custom roms maybe? I'd be surprised if HTC upgrades the TB to it.

Quote Originally Posted by htowngtr View Post
    They never updated the EVO so I doubt it.
    True, but the new sense did not come until November in the Desire HD and it was not even a US phone and it was almost 6 months later. The thunderbolt just came out last month. That would be like buying a 2010 model car for top price and then the 2011 coming out the following month. It would be a BAD move on HTC's part but I do feel they will upgrade it. I also beleive they will make us wait longer than you think for that upgrade too..

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

We'll probably get Sense 2.1, or whatever it's called. The same found on the Desire S. I believe Sense 3.0 is meant for multi-core phones. There's a lot of graphical straining in the new Sense that the Thunderbolt might not be able to handle well.

But hey, nothing is stropping the community from creating a ROM based off some of the features in Sense 3.0
    So many phones, so little time.

I dont think we will get 3.0 i have read in order to do all of the animation effects that i saw in the video and it needs to have a dual core processor to run. Don't know if that's true but it makes sense to me
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EggoEspada View Post
    We'll probably get Sense 2.1, or whatever it's called. The same found on the Desire S. I believe Sense 3.0 is meant for multi-core phones. There's a lot of graphical straining in the new Sense that the Thunderbolt might not be able to handle well.

But hey, nothing is stropping the community from creating a ROM based off some of the features in Sense 3.0
    I officially or unofficially I would be happy. Sense 3.0 looks really good with Gingerbread. Furthermore if it improves battery life and performance I will have to hold off on CM7.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt on Tapatalk.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

TB owners got duped! jk, but actually not really. not even one month old!
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

Sense, Gingerbread... doesn't matter to me, maybe if I was a stock phone user... It would. Either way, I'm happy with what I got. If developers decide to implement the new features into new upcoming roms.. more power to them. It just falls into the same old category.... Wait for the next best thing, and you'll be waiting forever.... There's always going to be something newer and better the way technology operates. It's bad enough I'm switching phones once a year to play catch up... If a new feature comes out... It could wait.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I doubt the tb will get sense 3.0 I can almost bet 3.0 will be for the dualcore phones or tablets. even if it does would you want it I can bet if will be a resource hog, and the current processor may not be able to handle it. Or give you decent frame rates on certain things like the carousel feature. Without being overclocked but I could be wrong I really hope I am
    Rooted for life
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    I doubt the tb will get sense 3.0 I can almost bet 3.0 will be for the dualcore phones or tablets. even if it does would you want it I can bet if will be a resource hog, and the current processor may not be able to handle it. Or give you decent frame rates on certain things like the carousel feature. Without being overclocked but I could be wrong I really hope I am
    Me too...I hope you are wrong.Those a very valid point.
    Solve
    Answer
    ______
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

GORGEOUS
    Solve
    Answer
    ______
    NCX

ROM
    AOKP M5

Maybe Ben5 can tell us
    NCX Designs - Themes for your Droid Incredible & ThunderBolt™ - See my collection here
    Sigs should be graphics, not text!!

ROM
    Das BAMF 3.0 4.9

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Me too...I hope you are wrong.Those a very valid point.
    Yeah, but your forgetting the substantual performance increase that gingerbread will give to the thunderbolt just by its self.

I already think as is, it could run this sense 3.0. Maby not as smooth as the sensation, but throw gingerbread onto the thunderbolt and i think we will have a winner.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It won't get the full version of 3.0, because it isn't powerful enough to handle it. I could see them giving it the new lockscreen and some of the newer features, but it will never get the new carousel homescreen or any of 3.0's new animations and transitions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast