1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thunderbolt Update Rumor

Who doesn't love a good rumor - so here's what I got from our IT guy who was working directly with an HTC rep on getting ready for rolling out Thunderbolts to our employees:

There is a big update coming out "soon", and will include Skype and software updates to improve battery life among other tweaks and fixes.

Skype - it's the reason they kept delaying the launch, and finally the decision was made to launch without it. Because it was making everybody at the Android Central forums mad that it was delayed. (Ok - I just made up that last part - but I like the sound of it).

I'll bet our IT guy thinks he's cool......Actually heard this yesterday morning before the Skype leak....sounds plausible...

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by petestl View Post
    sounds plausible...
    I'm with you. I think I believe all of this. Well, maybe not the AC part

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Rumors are rumors. Some ITs like to blow smoke. Whether it's next week or next month is rumor but a big update is imminent. The skype unofficial release working is evidence of that.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

No! I'm not ready for an update yet! I'm still learning this device!

Well and Bennnnn said that the GB update was coming in May or June. Maybe everyone at HTC and Verizon got their act together and are actually closer to the update than originally thought? Maybe the lack of pressure now that the phone is out is allowing them to work more efficiently.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Don't worry it won't change the ui. It's far too soon for that. It will just fix some bugs and and give you something to show of to your friend (skype).

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    Same here and lovin it.
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

All I care about is Netflix. I just don't understand what's so awesome about Skype. There are a few programs that do the same thing.

ROM
    Stock

I'm ready for some 2.3 and 3.0 Sense. LOL

Sent from Outer Space.

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    All I care about is Netflix. I just don't understand what's so awesome about Skype. There are a few programs that do the same thing.
    Skype is widely used as the standard webcam client. It's a big deal because this is the very first over network non wifi video chat ever. Anywhere you want. On the go. I also like phones for webchat much more than laptops or desktops. It feels much more natural and the camera quality is much better than my laptop webcam. If you want to know what the kickstand is good for it's for video conferencing at anyones house.

Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Quote Originally Posted by willis936 View Post
    Skype is widely used as the standard webcam client. It's a big deal because this is the very first over network non wifi video chat ever. Anywhere you want. On the go. I also like phones for webchat much more than laptops or desktops. It feels much more natural and the camera quality is much better than my laptop webcam. If you want to know what the kickstand is good for it's for video conferencing at anyones house.

Can tango be used over 4g?

All the suspense is killing me...I cant wait for the stuff...I'm I crazy ?

Global Posts
    469 Global Posts

And here I thought my TB was delayed due to horrible batterylife. I'm confident it was delayed for multiple reasons.

Folks are reporting that the bionic is having issues with battery life and it packs a nineteen hundred plus battery.

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy View Post
    lol...I went from mastering it then moved onto ADW Ex then back to Sense. Those I still feel like noob because I think back and go wtf was doing when I had my G1. Sort shame call myself android user how little I did with my G1. I rooted the phone but never got any farther than that. Lol lame those making it up with the Thunderbolt.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    Ditto I can't wait now I have something to watch while seat idle at work.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

Global Posts
    11,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

You had me at better battery life. Skype video chat is just icing on the cake.

well.. we know we won't see sense 3.0,(based on the article from Phandroid) but wonder when we will be getting the Gingerbread 2.3 on out T-Bolts....

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Sense 3.0 has only been seen on dual core devices.
    Gingerbread has only been seen on HTC devices with Sense 2.5.

Sense 2.5 in May? 50-50.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Skype is defnitely cool...but someone said the camera on the phone was better than their webcam....you must have a really terrible webcam, because my phone front camera is wayyyyy worse quality than the webcam i have had for 6 years. the rear camera is great but i don't think you can use that one with skype plus you wouldn't be able to see who you are talking with.

my battery is awesome now that i got the lte onoff app. I now have my phone on for 15-19 hours per day and still have about 50% charge when i plug it in at night. it made a hugggeeee difference. But if they can make the battery life even better, that would be awesome. i am testing having skype on all day today to see how that impacts battery life.

what i am really hoping for is a fix for some of the other issues like the killing of the mic when you plug in headphones and other issues like that.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xknight View Post
    Skype is defnitely cool...but someone said the camera on the phone was better than their webcam....you must have a really terrible webcam, because my phone front camera is wayyyyy worse quality than the webcam i have had for 6 years. the rear camera is great but i don't think you can use that one with skype plus you wouldn't be able to see who you are talking with.

my battery is awesome now that i got the lte onoff app. I now have my phone on for 15-19 hours per day and still have about 50% charge when i plug it in at night. it made a hugggeeee difference. But if they can make the battery life even better, that would be awesome. i am testing having skype on all day today to see how that impacts battery life.

what i am really hoping for is a fix for some of the other issues like the killing of the mic when you plug in headphones and other issues like that.

You can use the rear camera with skype works great but, like you said then you can't see who you are talking with. I used it just a few nights ago to show family our new baby.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lynner View Post
    You can use the rear camera with skype works great but, like you said then you can't see who you are talking with. I used it just a few nights ago to show family our new baby.
    really? can you tell me how because i can't find any settings at all in skype, let alone something to change which camera i use.

All I know is that they better not mess with the screen brightness or color temperature to try and improve battery life. I love my TB screen the way it is.

Only real issue I have is the occasional data drop ......and I want the damn official NFL APP in time for the draft!!!
    Thanked by:

Talking about sense 3.0, HTC publish a comment in tweeter saying that old phones could get sense 3.0 but maybe with not all the features that are available in sense in new phones. They wanted to clarify that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

ROM
    None

If I have to say one thing about HTC is they are very good at sending out updates. The EVO got at least four in less than a year. Im sure one is coming soon also.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xknight View Post
    really? can you tell me how because i can't find any settings at all in skype, let alone something to change which camera i use.
    While you are in a call if you touch the screen you will get a bar on the top, click the top left icon and that will give you a bar in the middle of the screen and it will ask which camera you want to use.
    Thanked by: