Verizon LTE and IP addressing bugs me!

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
OK, I haven't seen this addressed in the TBolt Forum and certainly NOT a knock against the phone but ...

There's a decent app out there called SSHDroid that allows using an SSH connection to other phones or Unix/Linux/Solaris servers based on TCP/IP address over a secure connection. Far better than any BlueTooth file transfer solution and very useful for my job.

So here's the problem for me and I don't think rooting the phone will make ANY difference since this is a network related issue.

When you are on a 4G, or even 3G on CDMA+LTE connection, check your IP address. You will see it is NOT a real IP address but something being tossed out to you by Verizon which is unreachable by an external device. If you are on a wifi connection you will get a reachable IP address controlled by the host router on your current wifi network. If memory serves, you could get a reachable IP address on RevA 3G? If so, I may have to try the "flip over to old 3G" solution to use the app.

This is a minor annoyance and not a deal breaker but I'm an admin for many servers that I could have used the TBolt to check into if this network restriction was not in place.

If anyone finds a workaround let me know. Thanks.