Problem with timestamps on SMS while on Airplane mode

kevindena

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes while at work, I turn airplane mode on (radios off) to conserve battery. I do this because I almost never need my phone at work. In addition to that, the signal strength is pretty poor in my building, therefore, causing even more battery drain

The problem is when I leave work and turn Airplane mode off again. If I receive any text messages throughout the day, they are timestamped at the time when I turn airplane mode off, NOT when they are actually sent/received.

Anyone else having this issue? Any way to fix this short of not using airplane mode?

And for the record, I AM rooted, using the stock rom with an overclocked kernel from XDA.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Its just the way Verizon's system works. If you turn your phone off and get a few texts, when you turn the phone back on they will be timestamped for that time that they come in. The same for airplane mode or any type of signal loss.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

javadandy

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That's not necessarily true. My old Storm 1 would timestamp the texts with the time they came in on the message, but the overall time was the time I turned the handset on. I would also like a way to track the time an incoming text was sent, so I can avoid calling folks back that were on the overnight shift. :-! It is a utility to me, and it was a nice feature of my old Storm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12