Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Threaded Call Log?

Please tell me this is a default option...I don't need to be wishing this phone has something that my Blackberry did.

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Franco

I dont know how BB has it set up, but if you go to a contact it has icons at the bottom where you can view everything from that contact( including call history)

it also has normal call history as well. with options to view only incoming calls or missed, ect.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I know the info is there, I just want it threaded so all calls from a given contact has it's own entry, not one entry for each call.

Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Franco

I believe there are 3rd party apps that can do this. I dont use them so I cant give you must info.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

In searches i've read this was supposed to be standard in 2.2. Can anyone confirm this isn't a stock feature?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I am with the OP on this one. Coming from a BB this was a stock option. It just makes sense - why would I want to see every call I have made or missed from the same person back to back. I would rather just see the most recent call and see the last 10 or so numbers I have had calls with.
    AFAIK this is not an option with the TB

Dan

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by ChezDigital View Post
    Please tell me this is a default option...I don't need to be wishing this phone has something that my Blackberry did.
    I've never owned a BB. However, I think the TB does this. Although probably different than the BB.

I just did some testing. I pressed [PHONE] and then pressed the call-history icon at the bottom right. I saw a person who had called me yesterday at the top of the list. I then called this person, twice. I went through the above scenario again and still only saw the single entry for that call (not three).

Then I pressed contact icon on the rightmost side of the listing, then the history tab at the bottom* (see note about this at bottom), and I was presented with all the previous calls by this person. From that screen I also had the opportunity to delete any in the list that I wanted to.

I did notice however that it only behaves this way for "same day" calls. If I look at my main call history I will still see individual entries for different days. IOW, it will work this way for all calls within the same day and there will still be one entry in the main call history for that person each day that there was a call.

*Note: You can rearrange the tabs at the bottom by pressing and holding. Then, you can slide the "history" icon all the way to the left. Then return all the way out. This will place the "history" as the default action when you first open the main main history listing for that call.

-Frank
    Last edited by FrankXS; 05-25-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]