Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is your speakerphone loud enough?

Mine absolutely isn't, not even close. Even with it upside down and the kickstand uncovering the speaker.

I haven't seen many complaints about this, and I'm coming up on 30 days, so I'd like to sort this out now.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by ChezDigital View Post
    Mine absolutely isn't, not even close. Even with it upside down and the kickstand uncovering the speaker.

I haven't seen many complaints about this, and I'm coming up on 30 days, so I'd like to sort this out now.
    You only have 14 day return, no more 30 day returns.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Mine doesn't seem too loud. I was on the speakerphone just now. I didn't think of moving the kickstand and I had my ear near the top of my phone out of habit! The Blackberry speakerphone is at the top. So thanks for reminding me where I need to listen.

This was one of my first disappointments when I compared it to my Epic 4G. Still sounds pretty good, but considering there's a bigazz speaker under that kickstand, I was expecting more oomph.
    Thanked by:

I don't know what is going on with my phone but the echo that the other party hear when I place them on speaker is crazy, I actually did a test call and the noise was insane, I don't know if there is a noise cancellation or something that is built in these phones or if I need to return, called Best Buy and they will take back if less than 30 days *sighs*
    Android Advocate

Global Posts
    3,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.2/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasT626 View Post
    This was one of my first disappointments when I compared it to my Epic 4G. Still sounds pretty good, but considering there's a bigazz speaker under that kickstand, I was expecting more oomph.
    Hahaha
    It's not often you see "oomph" used online.

mine is loud enough...but if i open kickstand speaker has a lot of crackle. Its like the stand is holding a loose speaker ftom rattling. Poor qaulity sound

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Willymakit 75 View Post
    You only have 14 day return, no more 30 day returns.
    Actually you have a 1 year warranty to take care of any manufacturers defect.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

The Speakerphone issue has been a mixed bag. I think some, including myself, have learned to just live with the sub-par speaker. There is a strange Phenom that happens with you switch off Bluetooth to speaker....much higher volume. If its real bad...might be worth taking back and trying another phone.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

I dunno... my speakerphone is just fine. I'm confused. Weird.

-Frank
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    Actually you have a 1 year warranty to take care of any manufacturers defect.

-Frank
    I was talking about the Worry Free it went from a 30 day to a 14 day return with a restocking fee.

Actually you have a 2 yr. warranty if you have TEC Ins.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

I was talking about the Worry Free it went from a 30 day to a 14 day return with a restocking fee.

Actually you have a 2 yr. warranty if you have TEC Ins.
    Yes, 30 day to 14 day for getting out of the contract. VZW has a 1 year warrany by simply buying the phone from them. Any add-on warranties for a longer time cost extra.

-Frank

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Yes, 30 day to 14 day for getting out of the contract. VZW has a 1 year warrany by simply buying the phone from them. Any add-on warranties for a longer time cost extra.

-Frank
    Der....isn't that what I said.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Der....isn't that what I said.
    What you said was...

"I was talking about the Worry Free it went from a 30 day to a 14 day return with a restocking fee."

I just wanted to clarify that "Worry Free" means getting out of your contract. In this forum I believe there are people who do not understand that distinction.

-Frank

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Your a Good Man Frank.LOL
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Your a Good Man Frank.LOL
    Haha...

-Frank

ROM
    Codename 1.1.4 / Imo

That's one of the things I was completely disappointed in. I figured this beastly sound bar would be plently loud. I definitely wouldn't be able to have a conversation using the speaker phone while driving in a car with the phone in a dash mount or anything. I could barely hear it in a quiet room.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

+1.....coming from the droid x which had pretty good sound quality i was really really disappointed with the sound on this. When on speaker i end up repeating things which also drives me nuts. i couldn't believe as i walked out of verizon day one and plugging in the jack in my car and then having the person on the other end of the conversation not be able to hear me....almost turned around and took the phone back, but thought i'd see how it did over all. i do love the camera, which sucks on the droidx and so thought i could live, work around, the sound issues...however....it's really starting to make be crazy. and my kids would probably say its a short trip for me...hahahaha.....

Quote Originally Posted by fullmerdvm View Post
    +1.....coming from the droid x which had pretty good sound quality i was really really disappointed with the sound on this. When on speaker i end up repeating things which also drives me nuts. i couldn't believe as i walked out of verizon day one and plugging in the jack in my car and then having the person on the other end of the conversation not be able to hear me....almost turned around and took the phone back, but thought i'd see how it did over all. i do love the camera, which sucks on the droidx and so thought i could live, work around, the sound issues...however....it's really starting to make be crazy. and my kids would probably say its a short trip for me...hahahaha.....
    Hi full,

I tried dealing with the speaker echo problem but everyone I put on speaker cannot take it and just the complaining about it is driving me crazy, the low quality of the speakerphone portion is also terrible, I spoke to HTC and the yadvised me to return it to Best Buy for a new one because I am still within my Best Buy 30 day return policy, I also called Best Buy and they stated they would replace it with np Im just concerned that i may get something worse but right now I am willing to take that chance because I use my speakerphone a great deal. I was also thinking maybe if I use my Blue Ant Bluetooth device might help but I paid a lot for this phone and I want a fully functional one.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I dunno... my speakerphone is just fine. I'm confused. Weird.

-Frank
    Which phone are you coming from? My Storm has a great speakerphone...about the only thing that was good about it. But my gf tells me that she can hear me crystal clear on this phone, and she almost didn't believe me when I told her I had her on speaker.

Part of me is hoping that some 3rd party sound manager will push the amplifier properly to utilize that speaker to its fullest potential.

Which phone are you coming from? My Storm has a great speakerphone...about the only thing that was good about it. But my gf tells me that she can hear me crystal clear on this phone, and she almost didn't believe me when I told her I had her on speaker.

Part of me is hoping that some 3rd party sound manager will push the amplifier properly to utilize that speaker to its fullest potential.
    Hey Chez you are among one of the lucky ones, my speaker portion of the phone is terrible, I dont even have to tell anyone I have them on it they automatically know because they start to hear the echo and if it's a three way call they hear each other doubling when speaking. I am so annoyed right now.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by lovy View Post
    Hey Chez you are among one of the lucky ones, my speaker portion of the phone is terrible, I dont even have to tell anyone I have them on it they automatically know because they start to hear the echo and if it's a three way call they hear each other doubling when speaking. I am so annoyed right now.
    Take it back!

I was hoping I would hear people having better output from their speaker so I could do the same, but after these responses that would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shay D. Life View Post
    Hahaha
    It's not often you see "oomph" used online.
    Lol. This thread motivated me to finally download the PowerAmp app and see if that helped matters any and it certainly did. Fantastic app. Only problem is that it's really only for music files and not a whole lot else. So if lack of musical "oomph" (lol) over the loud speaker is your main beef, try PowerAmp. I love it already!

Take it back!

I was hoping I would hear people having better output from their speaker so I could do the same, but after these responses that would be pointless.
    I'm going to take it back and pray I don't end up with something worse like dead pixels etc, that's why I was trying to deal with it, I even overlooked the light leakage I have coming out the bottom of my phone but this is over bearing the constant complaining from people I speak to, they even laugh and say you gave up your iphone4 for that! I would do it again in a heart beat iphone4 sucks compared to this power house. *sighs* such a nice phone with these stupid issues

lovy:
    i hear ya, thought i could just ignore the irritation since i really do more texting and emailing than talking on the phone, but it's driving me nuts. In fact my son was heading to Brazil and was on a layover in Texas so he called and I put him on speaker so the whole family could hear and talk to him. We where in a consultation room at my husbands clinic so that he could talk also, and the volume was so low that people walking in the hall made too much noise and we had a hard time hearing him. At the same time I had my older daughter on the Droid X speaker, that is now my husbands, so that she could hear and talk to him too....and she was so loud my son on the TBolt could hear her but she had a very hard time hearing him and missed some of the conversation. At the beginning of the call we had tried to plug the TBolt into an external speaker, but of course it disabled the mic and he couldn't hear us. Irritating.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast