Sense 3.0 only supports "newer" devices, WHAT!?!

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Nah koolaid is for kids I drink Johnny black on the rocks 3 cubes please.

I understand that its a new phone and all but do you NEED the new UI?
And assuming with that many thanks already, your not an Android novice so you already new it wasn't gonna be the one after your dream phone especially when there were DC phones announced round the same time as this.
I want the latest and greatest like everyone else, but this phone does great as it is and I believe there are a lot of people who agree with me.

I'm with ya on this one. Very true statement.

Do you really count the cubes?lol

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
@HTC
Clarification: aspects of the latest HTC Sense won’t work on some previous devices. We are working to incorporate other aspects that will

Twitter

so possible sense 3.0 variation for the bolt then.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've decided that we will never buy HTC phones again. I really don't care what they come out with. So much concealed before they sold the phone, so many blunders, so much upsell... done.

Why because Verizon waited on a phone that should have been out in Sept with 3G? This isn't HTC's fault. I mean it blows that while this phone is delayed they announce 2.5 sense but still it has nothing to do with HTC.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
still its not right. the device is not evena month old and its beyond out dated.

You'd be saying that with any device you're bought in the past 5 years. At list this one has LTE, a sick screen, good ui, horsepower to handle lots of things, and good peripherals.

Don't be a child and say "but I wanted the best one" because you'll never have the "best" one. This one is good. But hey it's your money. If you think you were wronged that sounds like a personal problem.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

Reactions: ssethv

slayer91790

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Now that they are tightened the policies about wireless company's putting bloatware on androids, you think when GB hits thunderbolt it will have blockbuster and Verizon crap on it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why so many people are complaining about this.... Root your friggin' phones (after you get the 2.3 OTA or before, its up to you) and then do what you want with it.... literally, DO WHAT YOU WANT TO IT ;) I'm just looking forward to some CyanogenMod goodness for the TB... and I still love my Dinc too... bout to sell it though (i think)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't care what anyone says a device that's only a month old and marketed as "It's not your dream devices, it's the one after that" should have support for the improve UI that's coming out shortly. If anyone thinks differently, they are really drinking koolaid here. It's one thing for a 1 year or 2 year old device to not be support but 1 month? Give me a friggin break.

Do you know anything about how much processing power Sense 3.0 requires? I mean, come on. Sure, you can have Sense 3.0 with your 2nd gen snapdragon, but you won't be able to scroll through your homescreen carousel without freezes, those fancy animations won't render properly, and your battery life will be ****.

It is not reasonable to expect a UI designed for a dual core processor and a much more powerful GPU to work on a single core processor. It just isn't. I don't care if you feel slighted, its just a basic fact of life when you're dealing with mobile technology that is iterating at such a fast pace.

That being said, the parts of the UI that WILL be ported over should be pretty solid. I'd wager the lockscreen, newer widgets, and made-over UI will make the cut. Those fancy animations won't. (and why in God's name would you want them on this device? They won't work well)

Reactions: tropper

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm with ya on this one. Very true statement.

Do you really count the cubes?lol

Yes, I read it in Pboy an they are right anything more just waters it down, anything less not enough to even the flavor out. Try it you'll see, then you'll stop tippin that over icing bartender too !;)

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
it is funny to see all of these TB owners getting pissed off about the incapabilites of a 10 month old phone. Everybody on here was justifying their purchases before it came out. "there will not be any need for dual cores for the next year" anybody nieve enough to believe that deserves it. the second a more powerful device comes out people are developing apps and OS features to take advantage of it. i said this many times during the release fiasco. it took every ounce of restraint i had to not buy this phone, it goes against every mobile phone purchase i have made in the last 5 years. but ultimately i knew the TB would immediately start to show its age. these manufacturers are going to have to start working a little harder for my money! i know the TB is a very good phone, but there is no denying it was outdated before it was released. combine that with the battery life and count me out. i understand that these new mini computers we call phones will be very demanding on battery life but to pawn an additional $50 purchase of a hideous afterthought of a design murdering extended battery on me like a necessity is BS. make the phone .15" thicker and fit a damn battery in there that is at least capable of a full work day.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
it is funny to see all of these TB owners getting pissed off about the incapabilites of a 10 month old phone. Everybody on here was justifying their purchases before it came out. "there will not be any need for dual cores for the next year" anybody nieve enough to believe that deserves it. the second a more powerful device comes out people are developing apps and OS features to take advantage of it. i said this many times during the release fiasco. it took every ounce of restraint i had to not buy this phone, it goes against every mobile phone purchase i have made in the last 5 years. but ultimately i knew the TB would immediately start to show its age. these manufacturers are going to have to start working a little harder for my money! i know the TB is a very good phone, but there is no denying it was outdated before it was released. combine that with the battery life and count me out. i understand that these new mini computers we call phones will be very demanding on battery life but to pawn an additional $50 purchase of a hideous afterthought of a design murdering extended battery on me like a necessity is BS. make the phone .15" thicker and fit a damn battery in there that is at least capable of a full work day.

I don't know what in the world you are talking about. There is only ONE dual core LTE phone coming out this year. Frankly I could care less about dual core WiMax or HSPA+ phones. The other 2 LTE phones coming out have pretty much identical specs to the Thunderbolt.

There are people out there that are still looking to get Droid 2s and other last generation phones. I'll probably end up getting a new phone next March when all of the even more advanced phones come out. To me a UI that supposedly NEEDs dual core is not all that attractive. Like you said, the battery is barely sufficient for the current iteration of phones so why would we want an even more power intensive UI?

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what in the world you are talking about. There is only ONE dual core LTE phone coming out this year. Frankly I could care less about dual core WiMax or HSPA+ phones. The other 2 LTE phones coming out have pretty much identical specs to the Thunderbolt.

There are people out there that are still looking to get Droid 2s and other last generation phones. I'll probably end up getting a new phone next March when all of the even more advanced phones come out. To me a UI that supposedly NEEDs dual core is not all that attractive. Like you said, the battery is barely sufficient for the current iteration of phones so why would we want an even more power intensive UI?

LTE that we know of. You can bet there's going to be 2-3+ more dual core LTE devices announced after July for release this year. That was just initial releases, why would you announce something for late summer/fall/winter at an event in January.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
There is only ONE dual core LTE phone coming out this year. To me a UI that supposedly NEEDs dual core is not all that attractive. Like you said, the battery is barely sufficient for the current iteration of phones so why would we want an even more power intensive UI?
Not that I disagree with your post, but there is a DC 4G phone for VZW the bionic
Motorola Droid Bionic | Android Central

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87