Handcent

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded the Handcent app the other day on the advice of some people here. I really like it and have been using it instead of the regular messaging. The problem that I have is the contact pictures that used to be populated from Facebook used to show up on my previous messages. I have tried to get that to work with Handcent, but so far have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this? Thanks in advance.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
And your People (Contact List) has all those pictures??? If it does, then I'm stumped... you might go over to handcent.com and see if they have anything under the FAQ.

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I just checked my People contact list, and the pictures are not there. I don't know if they were ever there though. The regular messaging still does populate the FB pics though.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Go into settings the accounts & sync and in your Facebook make sure you have it set up to sync your contacts. This will get the Facebook photos to your contacts and handcent.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings the accounts & sync and in your Facebook make sure you have it set up to sync your contacts. This will get the Facebook photos to your contacts and handcent.

Good suggestion... trouble shooting is such hard work... the pictures have to be in your contacts to start with before Handcent can display them.

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe that is the problem. The pictures aren't currently in my contacts. Maybe they were at some time because I have the FB pics in my original phone messaging? How do I get the pics back in my contacts?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Maybe that is the problem. The pictures aren't currently in my contacts. Maybe they were at some time because I have the FB pics in my original phone messaging? How do I get the pics back in my contacts?

Read the post:

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My settings were already set to sync FB with my contacts. Why it is not working, I don't know. I even checked the Handcent website to see if there was an answer there.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would delete your Facebook account then add it back and make sure you select sync all contacts this should work.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully removing FB and reinstalling FB fixed the issue... then be sure to log in again, then check the sync... then go into People > Menu > More > Link contacts.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
HTC Sense has Friend Stream... you want to either use that, or download the Facebook app from the Market... HTC does not have a Facebook app.

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if that is the problem. I took Friend Stream off the other day. Should I delete the HTC Sense then? Maybe that will solve my problem.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Did you root your device??? I think that is the only way you can even think about removing HTC Sense.

Why don't you just remove install Facebook???

toothdoc4

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My device is not rooted. I already did remove and reinstall FB. Some setting somewhere is causing this. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what it is though. The funny thing is that myself and several other contacts have our FB pictures attached.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
One more try... DID YOU go into People > Menu > More > Link contacts... and then link all your contacts to your Facebook friends????