Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    hal1's Avatar

    Posts
    213 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,426 Global Posts

    Default A different "should I upgrade" question...

    My upgrade date is in about a month, but I couldn't wait so I bought a new, never activated, TB on Craigslist.

    I thinking about 2 options...

    Buy a new TB from Verizon with my upgrade and sell the used one I bought. (the only reason I would do this is so I would have a fully warranteed phone from HTC, since insurance probably won't cover manufacturer's defects)

    OR

    Keep the one I have and hold on to my upgrade in case something new and wonderful comes out in the next 6 months or so, then sell my used TB, though craigslist prices drop everyday.

    Keep in mind, I usually keep my phones for about a year, but VZ is getting rid of the annual upgrade, so whatever I get either ( a new TB now, or whatever phone later)I'll have to keep for 2 years.

    Any thought on these 2 options?

    My concern is that I now have a used phone not warranted by HTC for defects or if it breaks, since assurion covers lost or damaged phones
    Last edited by hal1; 04-14-2011 at 07:25 PM.
  2. #2  
    the one and only M's Avatar

    Posts
    404 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

    Default

    I would keep the tbolt and hold on to the upgrade.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    I would keep the tbolt and hold on to the upgrade.
    +1 Ditto!
  4. #4  

    Default

    This is an absolute no brainer. Keep the upgrade.
  5. #5  

    Default

    asurion/Verizon have open enrollment on insurance/warrenty until April 28th so buy the craislist phone add insurance/extended warranty save your upgrade, problem solved for 6.99/1.99 a month.

    Quote Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
    My upgrade date is in about a month, but I couldn't wait so I bought a new, never activated, TB on Craigslist.

    I thinking about 2 options...

    Buy a new TB from Verizon with my upgrade and sell the used one I bought. (the only reason I would do this is so I would have a fully warranteed phone from HTC, since insurance probably won't cover manufacturer's defects)

    OR

    Keep the one I have and hold on to my upgrade in case something new and wonderful comes out in the next 6 months or so, then sell my used TB, though craigslist prices drop everyday.

    Keep in mind, I usually keep my phones for about a year, but VZ is getting rid of the annual upgrade, so whatever I get either ( a new TB now, or whatever phone later)I'll have to keep for 2 years.

    Any thought on these 2 options?

    My concern is that I now have a used phone not warranted by HTC for defects or if it breaks, since assurion covers lost or damaged phones
  6. #6  
    willymakit's Avatar

    Posts
    763 Posts
    Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loganthomas51 View Post
    asurion/Verizon have open enrollment on insurance/warrenty until April 28th so buy the craislist phone add insurance/extended warranty save your upgrade, problem solved for 6.99/1.99 a month.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^+1
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    I would keep the tbolt and hold on to the upgrade.
    Ditto what he said.

    Deb via TapaTalk
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

Posting Permissions