htc notes widget

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Anybody know where the HTC Notes widget stored data? Upgraded from DInc and would like to restore data from a backup.

Thanks.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry I can't answer your question. But I've been bitten by this before too.

The whole "Notes" thingy is very proprietary. It seems that every device and software does it differently. And none of them are compatible with each other. You have your Windows Notes, your MS Outlook Notes, your Windows OneNote, your HTC Android Notes, your various Marketplace Note Programs, etc. The format and storage location is different in all of 'em.

What I have learned...

I never use anything called a "Notes" program. Period. I always use some kind of standard format that is portable. I prefer .DOC. However, .TXT would be fine to.

I just just make a Notes directory on my SD card, obtain some kind of editor (any kind, Officesuite Pro is my choice) and whenever I need a note I just make one in my "Notes" folder. Easy to backup or transport too, just copy it! :)

Just thought I'd throw out my experiences... Now might be a good time to implement a similar system. Unless you want to go through this again next time :)

-Frank

Reactions: lovy and Chrisy

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. My primary "notes" app is Catch (formerly 3bananas) which syncs online AND has a widget! On my DInc, I used the HTC Notes for password protected notes only (Didn't want to have pwd protection on the active notes). I did an app backup using Astro then backedup internal & external drives prior to wiping the device. I guess my next option is HTC (ugh!). I have a feeling that because I never archived the data to SD within the app my chances of retrieval will be limited.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If HTC notes on the dinc is the same as HTC notes on the Thunderbolt, then nothing is saved to the sd card. On my Thunderbolt I went into the application info for the HTC notes from the manage applicaiton screen. There it list under storge:

Total 864KB
Application 864KB
Data 0.00B

This suggest that notes didn't save anything to the SD card, instead every time you added a new note it overwrote the entire application to include the note in the application itself.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
The thread is pretty old. Still, replying as I came hunting for the same answer. Since I found the solution in another forum, I thought I will reply too for the benefit of others who come in looking for the same.

SDCard > .data > HtcNotes
You might need to change settings to "View Hidden Files" to see the .data folder. In HtcNotes folder, there are other hidden folders starting with a dot ".numbered". One of these folders would have the recording file. Mine was a ".aac" file. It could be .amr file (assuming).

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad