Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Got a New Charger, and now my screen is unresponsive!

Hello all,

So I just bought a new charger (just a wall charger) and now when I plug my TB in, the screen does not respond to anything! I have to take the plug out to work my screen. It is completely unresponsive (regardless of where I'm at on the screen) while charging. As soon as I unplug it, it's fine.

Any ideas?

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock(for now)

Probably an obvious question, but is it an HTC branded charger?

I remember charging my Moto Droid using by brother-in-law's Blackberry charger, and my screen would go insane. Icons would shiver, swyping between screens would be erratic at best...

I would return the charger if anything...sounds like that would fix your problem.

Hope this helps.
    Nokia 918->StarTAC->AV CDM4000->Moto T270c->AV CDM8900->LG the V->Chocolate->Voyager->BB Curve 8330->OG Droid->Thunderbolt->RAZR HD->Sammy GS4.

That should be a clear sign of a defective charger. Try a different charger to see if it's the phone, or just a bad charger.

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7 RC1.8

This is a known issue with any touch screen phone. It's the charger you bought. Something about it isn't with in spec to what the phone requires. I've had this on my original droid with this charger a friend gave me. Hell, my car charger goes all wonky when i hook it upto a wall adapter so i can use it inside. It's so it's more then likely something out of spec (volts and/or amps to the phone) i'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel178 View Post

Any ideas?
    Yea, Unplug the new charger and get your money back.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

This happened to my friend as well. its definitely an issue with the charger.
    "Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Hoooooooo!" - Lion-O

Had the same thing with a cheap charger and my old phone (droid x)

thunderbolt strikes again.

Its the charger. Got one of those cheap chargers that frose my screen. $1.99 free shipping down the tube.

Can never hurt with a phone to eBay all accessories. I got an HTC wall plug for a spare microUSB cable I had laying around for $3 with free shipping.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Make sure the Charger you use has the proper Output Settings:

Input: 100-240V AC
    Output: 5V 850 mA

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

Quote Originally Posted by HCdroid View Post
    Make sure the Charger you use has the proper Output Settings:

Input: 100-240V AC