HTC Dual Charger vs Griffin Dual Charger vs Verizon branded dual charger

Stormohio

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how many amps out the HTC Dual Charger gives?? If so, could you put a link so I can see. I can't seem to find one. I am looking at getting a new car charger for my Thunderbolt. I see that the Griffen gives 5v at 1a out for each slot in their charger and I was curious to know if this is what the HTC charger gives out. I also saw that the Verizon dual charger gives out 5v at 2a but I am thinking that the 2a is a total for both ports. Anyone have any suggestions on which one is the best. I can get the griffin dual charger at a local retailer for around 13 bucks. I will still most likely get the HTC usb cabes in the android store just because I like how the tip is on that cable (it is just like the one that came with the phone). I am open for suggestions and answers!

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I went with a Rocketfish Premium charger from best buy. It plugs directly into the thunderbolt and it has a spare USB port on it for charging something else. It says its 2 amps but i'm not sure if that is 1 amp each port or 2 for each. More than enough either way though.

Stormohio

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I use the verizon one that has a micro usb and a full size usb port for another phone, ipod or whatever. It cahrges two things easy however it is not quite enough for both my thunderbolt and nook color but nook color alone gets plenty from usb so I love the charger since I basically got one for free for my nook lol.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you know how long the USB cable is that came along with it?

its a coiled cable so it stretches. I would say it can be as small as 1.5 feet and as long as maybe 4feet ish. it reaches from inside my center console to the edge of my dash i would say. Its more then I need in my Altima.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995