SpeedTest Beta works on LTE

kwright817

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
The newly redesigned SpeedTest Beta works on LTE with accurate upload: Android Speedtest.net Mobile Beta | Team Ookla

They say "Location awareness and server selection is much improved, we now show real-time graphs of throughput during the tests, and the bug introduced with measuring over LTE on the HTC Thunderbolt is fixed. Anyone with a Thunderbolt will definitely want to use this build instead of the one in the Market."

Edit: New GUI is nice and seems to work well on my Thunderbolt.

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The UI looks a lot better. Seems like they got it showing the real upload speed now.

Just ran in twice 5 minutes apart from each other on 4G

25.27 Mbps Down and 5.01 Mbps Up

25.41 Mbps Down and 6.97 Mbps Up

SE Michigan

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I never had it display wrong download speeds before on the old version but to double check I ran the test but from the browser/their site and not the app. Almost the same

FROM WEBSITE NOT APP

24.47 Mbps Down 4.97 Mbps Up

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I never had it display wrong download speeds before on the old version but to double check I ran the test but from the browser/their site and not the app. Almost the same

FROM WEBSITE NOT APP

24.47 Mbps Down 4.97 Mbps Up

ok sweet. I always had issues with download. speedtest app showing like 3.... web based or tether would show 10.

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
ok sweet. I always had issues with download. speedtest app showing like 3.... web based or tether would show 10.
I see. Give the new one a try maybe it will be more accurate for ya. If you have the original already installed just install this one right over it.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I had a problem where mine would show 24mbps down and 40mbps up then tethered i would get 20mbps down and 4mbps up.

:p at least they are fixing it.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Seriously. What do you believe? Did the new speed test app and got about 5mg down .50 up average. I go to the speedtest.net website on the browser I get 25 down 2 up average. What do I believe?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Seriously. What do you believe? Did the new speed test app and got about 5mg down .50 up average. I go to the speedtest.net website on the browser I get 25 down 2 up average. What do I believe?

Are you using the same server on both? Servers do make a difference. Just because one server is closer doesn't mean it's going to be the fastest. I always get the best speeds using Chicago servers even though there is one in St. Louis.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

The 5mb/s is probably the correct one. IDK though, maybe there are almost no people on the lte tower you're by.

Try downloading a large file and see how long it takes or what the speed is ( I know in firefox when you download something it shows the current KB/sec speed)

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The app is now showing the same speeds I've been getting from their site and the speakeasy site.
(beta) seems good in both my home WiFi and LTE in house.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

gunmetalgr3g

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Its off on my home wifi, the router is right under me and its reading about 1/4 of the right speed on download, upload is fine.

I guess VZ has already throttled central Ohio 4.5 down and 2 up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae