Juice Defender and lte onoff.

Darkalley#AC

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
S o these are my two bettery saving apps after owning the phone for 24 hours. My quest does juice defender work on this phone? Also do I need lte onoff?

major_works

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I first tried the regular free JD and was getting about 1.50X, a nice boost. I was using it in the default balanced mode. But nice reviews of the beta version led me to give it a try. Last night I went to bed with a fully charged battery and woke up to a 50% charge. I went back to the plain free version and am again seeing 1.50X boost. So I'm left with the conclusion that the current beta build does not play well with the Thunderbolt.

lippstuh

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
i never liked JD. LTE on/off works well, but now im getting 10-12 hours on 4g LTE all day so i stopped using it unless i really need it to last 16+ hours

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
After a few days of JD free on standard settings and getting 1.02 X better life, I figured it was probably taking that much to run it. Wasn't worth it for me.

It turns off the radio when the screen is in standby. For some that may be fine. I use this as a work phone with push email (exchange) turned on from 8-6 and checking every half hour otherwise. I KNOW that's one of the ways it' saves battery...but I can't do that with a business phone.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
LTE On/Off is a great app for the TB. As far as JD goes, I am still using it and have been since I got my TB but I cannot say if it actually does a good enough job. Yes I notice some improvement in battery life but not enough to warrant paying for the full version in my opinion.