Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Talking 4G in Columbia, SC!!!!???

    Since reading about that tweet from Verizon saying they will turning 4G on in a lot of cities I turned my 4G back on and sure enough I see the 4GLTE right there!!!! Someone here please tell me I'm not dreaming.
  2. #2  
    willymakit's Avatar

    Posts
    763 Posts
    Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    Awesome for you. I'm moving.lol
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    It's actually coming in and out so I did a Speed test with the SPEEDTEST.NET app and here's what I'm getting:

    PING---108ms
    Download---11596kbps
    Upload---278kbps

    Anyone know if these are good or bad?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Second test:

    PING---114ms
    Download---10241kbps
    Upload---4409kbps
  5. #5  

    Default

    They tweeted all of the cities that were coming online and Columbia was one of them.

    Sent from my Thunderbolt
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    They tweeted all of the cities that were coming online and Columbia was one of them.

    Sent from my Thunderbolt
    Thanks my friend. I didn't see the tweet but I read about there being one.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    Thanks my friend. I didn't see the tweet but I read about there being one.
    Well they tweeted them later in the day. They had like 4 or 5 tweets after the initial tweet.

    Sent from my Thunderbolt
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    I think it's going in and out. Is it supposed to be 100% by Thursday ro something?
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    I think it's going in and out. Is it supposed to be 100% by Thursday ro something?
    Yeah. I'd say they are probably doing some final testing before going live on Thursday.

    Sent from my Thunderbolt
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default

    3rd test:
    Ping---93ms
    Download---27124
    Upload---4163
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default

    Sorry,I'm excited so here is my 4th and final speed test:

    Ping---123ms
    Download---23546kbps
    Upload---10554kbps
  12. #12  
    potatolover1102's Avatar

    Posts
    587 Posts
    Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    Sorry,I'm excited so here is my 4th and final speed test:

    Ping---123ms
    Download---23546kbps
    Upload---10554kbps
    Are you using the new speedtest.net app or the old one? Just wondering because the up seems a little high but maybe not since your other ones seem to be right.

    EDIT: Saw where you clarified you have the new app, sorry.
  13. #13  
    nativi's Avatar

    Posts
    197 Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

    Default

    sweet I visit cola often, and I hate losing my 4G
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potatolover1102 View Post
    Are you using the new speedtest.net app or the old one? Just wondering because the up seems a little high but maybe not since your other ones seem to be right.

    EDIT: Saw where you clarified you have the new app, sorry.
    Well let me add that I did in fact install the new app but this morning I got an update on it and haven't had a chance to do another test since the app update.
  15. #15  

    Default

    It's absolute CRAP that Columbia is getting it and we still don't have it here in Augusta.
  16. #16  

    Default

    If it would only reach me here in Sumter.. This will come in handy during football games!
    GO COCKS!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default

    Ok, here's the SpeedTest.Net results since the app was updated. Keep in mind I'm in an area that has been going between 3G and 4G so it's not solid 4G reception:

    Ping---146ms
    Download---15593kbps
    Upload---3870kbps
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    Ok, here's the SpeedTest.Net results since the app was updated. Keep in mind I'm in an area that has been going between 3G and 4G so it's not solid 4G reception:

    Ping---146ms
    Download---15593kbps
    Upload---3870kbps
    Just so you know, you can change the settings so it shows the results in Mbps instead of kbps.

    I'm running Radio Companion and decided to do a speed test and I still got...

    Ping: 128ms
    Dowload: 17.49Mbps
    Upload: 11.16Mbps

    That's pretty good for streaming audio at the same time.
    Thanked by:
  19. #19  

    Default

    WOW!!! I'm still running Radio Companion and I just got...

    Ping: 133ms
    Download: 38.16Mbps
    Upload: 10.79Mbps

    The upload is a good sign. It still seems a little high, but it's consistent I don't think I've gotten over 20Mbps.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default

    HAHAHA...I didn't realize that I could change it...sorry
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJedi View Post
    HAHAHA...I didn't realize that I could change it...sorry
    No big deal. I also have mine set for best performance. The dial doesn't move as smoothly, but the results are a lot more consistent.
  22. #22  
    ipb_11's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    4G just kicked in here in Colorado Springs
  23. #23  

    Default

    I keep checking my phone with my fingers crossed and hoping I see that 4G LTE logo but no dice yet. May just have to take a trip to the parents this weekend to test it out in Wilmington if the switch doesn't get flipped in Raleigh.
  24. #24  

    Default

    I hate the fact that Savannah isn't getting 4G anytime soon....but I have to go to a wedding in Columbia on Friday, and this will make it almost worth it.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default

    It seems to be best connection in the NorthEast area. I work on Fort Jackson and have been testing it and it has been switching a lot between 3and4G. However, at home last night when I started this I had straightup 4G and man is it fast.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions