Thunderbolt always asking to link contacts...

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
My phone is always asking me to link my contacts to their fbs/twitters etc but I already pressed each and everyone to link them. If I "link" them again they will unlink and ask me 5 minutes later to link them AGAIN. Is there any fix for this? This is getting annoying plus my contact's facebook pictures doesn't show up. -___-

adaorange

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
i'll add to this... i don't really understand what linking contacts does? What are they linking to, and how does this benefit me?

ChezDigital

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I do believe that's FriendStream, which I loathe. I don't want any connection of my contacts to anything other than Outlook and to be able to map directions to their embedded address with Google Maps.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Friendstream, Facebook or Twitter and two of my contacts came up to be linked. They both have gmail and Google Talk so I'm assuming it's something to do with that. Not sure what it does exactly.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
well, according to TB manual..........

"If you have stored contacts with the similar contact information such as name, email address, or mobile number in your phone and online accounts, your phone will try to link them as one automatically or create a list of matched contact suggestions. If it doesn?t, you can manually link them so that you won?t have duplicated entries in your contacts list.
Also link your contacts with other social network accounts such as Twitter and Flickr. You?ll then see their updates and events from these accounts all in one place."

I still don't know how to stop the phone from trying to merge/link the contacts by default.

finzisa

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I believe that this has to do with the backup assistant Verizon is forcing on us. I noticed that I get the link contact message every time after the service is run. I can't seem to find a way to turn that off.