If you are in 3G only area do you still have battery issues?

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
The closest 4G area to me is 1.5 hrs away ..... so I will be in 3G all the time, will I still have the horrible battery life?

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Not horrible no. Yesterday I was toggled in 3G the whole time and with heavy usage. After about 3 hours I still had between 50 and 60%. So in 3G its not to bad. The phone is fast though and even in 3G its a beast!

spazma7ik

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Not even close. I just got my Bolt on Saturday and as of right now I am on 20hrs up time with ~3 hours screen on. Battery is at ~25%.

LTEonOff is a must have app to switch the 4G off. I also have my phone rooted and undervolted/downclocked when the screen is off.

Even before root though, I was still able to squeeze a good 12-15hrs of light-moderate use.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
yeah I have wifi here at home so that will help. Will it hurt though that I dont root or any of that stuff?

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
My first smartphone and I was worried about the battery life as I am a fishing guide on a small boat in salt water, and need to have my phone work while on the water. While out, I only used my phone as a "phone", and internet when needed..some google maps etc, I unplug about 6am, and by 5pm I still have at least 50%, if not 75%. So if you need it to last you will be fine. If I use it only for about a dozen calls I will definitely still have 75% or so. Of course you can kill it by downloading and surfing, leaving the screen on non-stop. I used google maps with gps on for about 3 hours and was down to around 30% I think, screen on whole time...

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I really hope that they can do something about the battery life while running on 4G. Left my phone unplugged and on WIFI all night, and it stayed at the same battery lvl all night. I'm rooted and running a custom ROM with a battery saving kernel. Same set up with 4G on, I'd lose around 20%.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
yeah I have wifi here at home so that will help. Will it hurt though that I dont root or any of that stuff?

I'm not rooted and I get about 12-15 hrs with light usage and about 9-10 with moderate (normal) usage. I have my phone connected to WiFi when i am home or in the office so that helps.

Out and about where I do not have any WiFi connection, I get about 8 hours of moderate usage.

The only thing I did was turn 4G off and locked it into 3G. I can still talk on the phone and surf the web/send emails at the same time even on 3G.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I dont root. I can't say I'm happy with battery life and I'm real tired of dragging my charging cable to work with me. Yesterday I apparently got to the point of being sick and tired of being sick and tired and ordered the extended battery. Hopefully it will solve this problem for me. Definitely NOT looking forward to the bulk and hope it's not as bad as it looks in pics I've seen.

adaorange

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
no 3g here. non rooted and after 16 hours off the charger with 2-3 of them being 'awake' hours i'm typically right around 50% battery remaining. The thing charges so fast too though so even if you get a few minutes here or there to charge it that really helps too. I'm on a mix of wifi and 3g during most days.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was running perfect storm rom, on 3g I would get 10 hrs easy. I flashes this new stock ruu and left 4g on I got 8 hrs battery np

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12