Been using Launcher Pro, going back to Sense

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have never had any problems with Launcher Pro. Always smooth, no force closes and no instances of lag worth mentioning. Honestly its so seamless that I forget its there. It feels stock.

Sense? Well three button dock is too limited for my taste. Graphically speaking I know people love to rave about how polished Sense looks..and I just kinda scratch my head and wonder what people mean by that. The dock?...the Widgets, multiple home screens? Widgets are a dime a dozen and not to say that any of those things look bad on Sense but there are Widgets as good and better in the Market Place.

In the end, I suppose its just a matter of taste but I have had no problems with Launcher Pro. Hell I even paid for it..loved the ability to resize some of my widgets.

P.S. I am rooted and running the latest BAMF ROM...but I honestly didn't have problems with it before rooting.

BFT! (bolded for truth)

But for me, the problem is always about redundancy, and the idea of having two things that do the same thing. Sense is baked into the Froyo build of the phone. You're running LPP on top of Sense and Froyo, having two layer of UI when there should only be one at the most. Now, I didn't notice lag while using LPP, I did notice that things were snappier when I was using Sense, vs when using LPP. Once we get CM7/Gingerbread available, it would make more sense for me to switch to LPP and forget about Sense all together.

RestlessDroid

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I used LPP and loved it with my OG Droid but I've really enjoyed Sense since getting the TB. The only thing I really miss from LPP is the ability to resize widgets. I wish Sense would add it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
BFT! (bolded for truth)

But for me, the problem is always about redundancy, and the idea of having two things that do the same thing. Sense is baked into the Froyo build of the phone. You're running LPP on top of Sense and Froyo, having two layer of UI when there should only be one at the most. Now, I didn't notice lag while using LPP, I did notice that things were snappier when I was using Sense, vs when using LPP. Once we get CM7/Gingerbread available, it would make more sense for me to switch to LPP and forget about Sense all together.

Actually in Android 2.x devices Sense completely replaces the stock launcher, dialer, mail widget, gallery, and a few other things (meaning Google's versions are completely gone). Only on the 1.6 devices were those things present in double.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC