sluggish thunderbolt

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hi,

can anyone tell me why my thunderbolt is sluggish??
I was so fast when i first got it now its just ,well, sluggish.
for instance when trying to access a text message, I tap the message and it takes, sometimes, up to 5 seconds for it to come up..whereas before it was all like instance, and really fast..

I dont have much on here either.. a few apps..
..I tried a hard reset and it didnt help..

I have 2 game loft games , xm radio and skies of glory..
not to meiton today it rebooted itself twice..

well my x did that too, figured it was normal for it to reboot itself at some point.. just not often or daily.. it has not though.. not daily, but it has rebooted itself..

any ideas?

does it sound defective or is the HTC interface, while pretty bogging it down?

I love the phone and 4G is awesome when i get it..but its slow enough to annoy me..

thanks for any feedback..

Phil

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
not to meiton today it rebooted itself twice...

This is NOT normal. Are you rooted?

If your desktop computer randomly reset twice a day, even while you were using it, would that be normal? No! That would be a cause for concern for me!

What were you doing the past couple of days with your phone? Anything out of the ordinary? Move some things around? Download a few things and delete them? Does your phone heat up? Does it have issues charging?

Lets build a case!

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
is it sluggish---like a wet sponge? STRYKER!
:) couldn't resist, sorry

i've recently thought the same thing about mine. it's still peppy--moreso than my Evo ever was--but when downloading apps, they don't seem to install as quickly.

hopefully it's something simple like clearing Text message cache

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine is not sluggish, and does not reboot, so I would suggest that something is wrong on yours. If it is not fixing on reboot, then it would likely be an app or configuration as opposed to a rogue process

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
For the first since I bought mine on launch day, mine seemed to be sluggish the other day. (That sentence didn't sound right..whatev) So I did a restart (not a power off and then power on) and it hasn't happened again. Don't know if that is any big deal but it worked for me.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with mine when I accessed the SMS app. I mean serious slow down. I cleared out my SMS inbox, limited the amount of saved texts per convo to like 100 and I'm sure there was a restart in there somewhere.

No problems that I can remember after that. However I rooted and flashed a ROM shortly there after and I have had no slow down or problems with any SMS app ever since. Is that due to the root/ROM or the changes I made to the settings???? I dunno but you are not alone I had that happen and I was seriously thinkin this Android phone was a dud. Luckily no slowin down now.

sdhakko

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
TB was my first smartphone, and when I got mine that I was seeing that same thing you are. I didn't realize that it was trying to update ALL my apps at once and I was in between a wifi and a 3g area, so my updates were stuck "downloading" and just would sit there the entire time I was running my phone, even after a reboot. might try going into market>menu>myapps and see if anything is trying to download or update.

Lynner

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have mine rooted I have seen the slow down but not the random reboots, i just loaded a kernel that kicked it up to 1.4ghz and that seems to be fix it.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
No random reboots for me but my phone is pretty slow. Especially when texting it is slow. Like OP mentioned, when tapping on a message it takes some time to load up, not all the time, but more times then not. A lot of the frustration is when typing a text message, is it gets laggy like it did on my BB storm. I would be typing but it would be a second or two behind me and there would always be lots of mistakes and I would have to go back and correct it. I also noticed that a lot of times when typing when it lags, it will input the same letter twice causing for more mistakes. Since I am recovering from surgery all I have been doing is texting and using my phone so its driving me nuts, especially since I have another 2 weeks of no work! NO!!!

AlpineM3#AC

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Is it stable at 1.4? How's it run? Not sure what you previously had, but does it blow it away being overclocked?

I have mine rooted I have seen the slow down but not the random reboots, i just loaded a kernel that kicked it up to 1.4ghz and that seems to be fix it.

tallen316

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue the other day out of the blue. It took forever for my phone to even bring up, type, and send messages. I did a restart and it seems to be working fine since then.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You can check to see what's running and close the apps you're not using. Settings, applications, running services.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
On the texting problems, I'm pretty sure that text and voice share the same bandwidth (and thus texting is a huge profit center for the providers) while data is separate. So wondering if those with text "issues" might also be people in areas with signal strength issues with 4G and 3G. And thus a network slowdown rather than a device slowdown. Just a thought.