jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Why when I dial *228 from my thunderbolt does it do nothing but prompt an ended call tone and end the call? Does this have something to do with LTE?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
4G sims handled differently. *228 is not necessary anymore, and in all Thunderbolt cases, should be avoided. Follow instructions for registering the phone with what it was shipped with. SIM card handles it all.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
*228 is for none LTE devices only!

the act of installing an activated sim card into your device will activate your phone.

when dialing *228 from an 4g lte device the system SHOULD hang up on you right away.
sometimes the system does no hang up this can acutally cause problems with already activated devices and none activated devices. resulting in needing a new sim card and other problems.

DO NOT DIAL*228 from an LTE device
plain and simple!

Reactions: kristykat182

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't be so hard on jz. It might not have been a good day for him/her/it either. I've had those types of days before myself.

Sometimes you have to take a deep breath or two before making such statements... and that goes for both of you.

I've never seen or knew what *228 is before I read some of this thread... and I've been reading many threads every day for the last 7 or 8 months... so not everybody has seen or read threads about this issue... the title is usually what starts me reading any thread here on AC.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Re-opened after cleaning. Please don't make me do it again.

If you have nothing nice to say, walk away. The offenders know who they are.

Last edited:

azn2coo

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Activation issue

Hey guys I just brought the Thunderbolt off contract at full retail price and will be receiving it shortly. I'm just confuse about activating it and since I don't have enough post I can't create my own post and was just wondering if you guys can help me through with activating it.

i currently have a Samsung Fascinate(good phone but Samsung sucks with their updates) and i just want to switch on over to the Htc Thunderbolt do i have to change my plan? I have my sim card for the HTC Thunderbolt and it just the matter of setting it up I'm confuse in and hoping you can help me through it without having to visit a verizon store.

Thanks and hope you don't mind my bad grammar as english is not my first language and I'm still learning.

uflac1105

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My PRL is only 13006. Am I looking in the right place? About Phone>Software Information>PRL Version?

If I do a battery pull, should the phone be on or off?

That's probably because you are in an area that was once serviced by both Alltel and Verizon.

PRLs starting with 15 - Original Verizon towers
PRLs starting with 14 - Original Alltel towers
PRLs starting with 13 - A collection of Verizon and Alltel towers

Reactions: uflac1105

uflac1105

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That's probably because you are in an area that was once serviced by both Alltel and Verizon.

PRLs starting with 15 - Original Verizon towers
PRLs starting with 14 - Original Alltel towers
PRLs starting with 13 - A collection of Verizon and Alltel towers

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. My area around West Michigan was a big Alltel area.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Re-opened after cleaning. Please don't make me do it again.

If you have nothing nice to say, walk away. The offenders know who they are.

Adrynalyne, where's your avatar? You can't be a mod without an avatar. It's just not kosher haha

Back on topic,
I think the whole issue with signals changes is something we are going to have to deal with (if you are currently experiencing problems, if not then you are lucky). With all of the 4G upgrades and update for our device, these problems are bound to happen. I figure that once it becomes more developed and Verizon has more experience with it, these problems will slow decrease. This is just an assumption so take it for what it's worth