Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thunderbolt Alarm not going off?

My alarm has not gone off two days in a row. First night I thought I just slept through it, but two days in a row sleeping through it doesn't happen to me. I don't use task killers, I have the alarm volume turned up all the way no matter what sound profile the phone is on. Phone is too far away from me to sleep-snooze. Anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

test it,

set it for lets say 5 min from now and see if it goes off.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did that this morning when I woke up late. And it did go off. So i don't get why it wont go off an hour earlier when it was origionally set.

Stock alarm for HTC Sense... at least I'm guessing that is what you are using.

Go into the Alarm... Menu > Settings > be sure "Alarm in silent mode" is checked... then check the Alarm volume, and Snooze duration are set correctly.

My device is in silent mode during the night... and these settings work great... and it gets me up even with ear plugs in (not always necessary, but I do to get a good nights sleep sometimes... if you see where I'm going with that... if not, don't ask).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

fatboy - Yes Ive checked those settings and have alarm in silent mode checked, and volume is all the way up.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

weird

So, you don't have any other apps that are changing your profile, or monkeying with sounds???

Did you try rebooting your device???
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

No apps that change profiles, or do anything with sounds. Device was rebooted before I want to sleep as part of my routine of restarting every few days.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

what does it mean when the time the alarm is set to is white numbers on a black background, as opposed to when I try creating new alarms, it is on a white background with black numbers?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Nvm, it seems like when I set an alarm before 6:00 am, the background is black. This still doesn't fix my alarm going off problem though.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

Its just being fancy with the black background, means your up to damn early and the sun isnt up

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts

I do remember this happening to me once and on the third day it was fine. So not sure it just kinda fixed itself.

I think you got the why is this alarm black and this white thing... so, just another little dumb question, but one I have to ask... is it set ON with the check box checked???

My Monday alarm is not set on for Monday, but my Tuesday and Wed-Fri alarms are set on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thunderbolt Alarm not going off?-snap20110420_122210.jpg  

I am having a similar issue. I had my alarm set for 8am and it was working fine, going off until I either snoozed or dismissed it.

I changed the time to 7am and now it goes off for about 2 seconds and appears to automatically snooze itself. It continues to do this until I unlock the screen and lock it again. After i've done that and it goes off again, it will continue to ring correctly until I either snooze or dismiss it.

Never had this happen before but it started two or 3 days ago.

i've been having this issue for the past 4 work days. luckily i'm self-employed so it's ok and i make my own hours. at first, it was the snooze that wasn't going off. today it was the alarm in general. MY guess was that when i get an email or notification, it cancels the alarm. i'm gonna give it a test right now

-nope it wasn't that, gonna try to see if it's the task killer. i'll try your suggestion below as well.
    Last edited by cynicaL; 04-20-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cynicaL View Post
    i've been having this issue for the past 4 work days. luckily i'm self-employed so it's ok and i make my own hours. at first, it was the snooze that wasn't going off. today it was the alarm in general. MY guess was that when i get an email or notification, it cancels the alarm. i'm gonna give it a test right now
    Just for another data point, try this: set an alarm for 20 minutes from now, then battery pull and restart the phone, see if the alarm still goes off.

I have a suspicion that your phones are (unknown to you) spontaneously rebooting overnight and the alarm service doesn't restart until you unlock the phone the first time. Just a suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by valeuche View Post
    Just for another data point, try this: set an alarm for 20 minutes from now, then battery pull and restart the phone, see if the alarm still goes off.

I have a suspicion that your phones are (unknown to you) spontaneously rebooting overnight and the alarm service doesn't restart until you unlock the phone the first time. Just a suspicion.
    this didn't work either, i have a feeling it's the task killer, i'll give it another run tonight. thanks for the help though

I've had the auto snoozing problem with my alarm and in one instance it not going off. It may not be your task killer as I've never used one on mine. On mine, the culprit (I believe) is TV Shows Stream. Every time I use that app something else seems to go funny on my phone, either the alarms get goofy or the screen will stop going off. Usually a reboot corrects this but in the instance of the alarms I have to go into the alarm and delete, not reset, the instances of the alarms then add new ones. That's what's worked for me. Serves me right for using an app that may be doing something that isn't entirely legal. (not finger pointing here, it just seems too good to be true)
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Yah i dont have any of those streaming for twitter or stuff like that. This is getting irritating i dont wabt to have to dist off my real alarm clock it takes up too much space.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

My alarm went off this morning. This time i didnt do a restart. I think i restart and leave it plugged in and go to sleep. Im going to start doing my routine restrts in the morning now. I think the guy who said its restarting and alarm services not turning on may uave been right, except im restarting it on my own instead of the phone restarting itself.

If you have another alarm on your phone( Alarm clock plus) it can cause conflicts and the alarms wont funtion correctly. This happened to me with my incredible and made me late two days in a row. If you put an anti virus or app killing app on your phone you should check your settings or remove them all together.

Default Alarm disappears!!!

The alarm clock at the bottom of any clock has disappeared. Does anybody know why? Or how to recover it? I now wake up every 30 minutes to see if I need to get up....HELP
    Ron

I'm having the same problem, although with a droid 2. I don't have a task killer and I haven't changed anything. This happened to me once before and I figured I had just made a mistake, but when my alarm didn't go off today, I made sure to check everything. The alarm icon was still visible, it was set to play in silent mode, volume was up full, the right time was set, and it was set to go off every day. It has been working fine for the past few months and suddenly it fails. Really frustrating.
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Download alarm clock xtreme. It mops the floor with the stock alarm clock. Seriously.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

I have also had a problem with my alarm NOT going off for work the last two mornings. At work I noticed that my phone had spontaneously decided I lived in Lithuania--I suspect it "moved me" overnight and automatically changed the time on the phone to match Lithuania. Since that time was evening, it probably leapfrogged my morning alarm.

If this is the case that would truly be annoying, as I have yet to figure out how to force my phone to lock onto my actual location north of Houston. It rarely recognizes where I really live . . .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast