installing new ruu for non rooted users

deeznuts2

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Been there. I can't find the instructions to install

Instructions where right there in the link, under the files to download:

"*Rename to PG05IMG.zip, drop it on SD card, flash in HBOOT"

Basically:

Download the correct file from the link provided above.

Rename the file "PG05IMG.zip" (without quotes)

Connect your TB to your Mac/PC. Enable "Disk Drive" for the connection type

Drop the renamed file onto the root of your SD card (right onto the SD card, not within any folders)

Reboot into HBOOT and update

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have done the rename and put it on the root sd card

OK, so once I am in hboot which option do I use?
Sorry for being such a newb about flashing.

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to update it myself with no luck. I checked the name, the phone boots to hboot, but it says there is no image or it is wrong.

The one thing I did notice is that my hboot version is like 1.1. Not the version 2. I see many with. Not sure how to update that part.

I have tried different SD cards, and re downloaded the file like 4 times, both the radio only update and the full RUU for Non rooted plain stock tbolt.

I may give it a few more shots, but hopefully it will be out soon OTA.

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Once in Hboot, it should scan the sd card, see the update and prompt you if you want to do the update.

Once updated I think it reboots and you are done.

L

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure once u drop the file on your sd card and rename it to PG05IMG.zip right click on the file, hit properties & make sure it didnt change to PG05IMG.zip.zip which can cause issues.

THRILLHO

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
So if you do this is there a way to get back to the current version if you need to? Additionally, if the OTA version ends up being somehow different would you be able to get that update while still having this RUU flashed?

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I loaded this RUU. One thing I noticed and can't figure out why its occurring is a few of my paid apps (MLB at bat $14.99 and Astro Pro) do not switch over or even show up in the market. I believe my market did update itself. Anybody have an idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't live without my MLB at bat.

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
So if you do this is there a way to get back to the current version if you need to? Additionally, if the OTA version ends up being somehow different would you be able to get that update while still having this RUU flashed?

Someone else in here mentioned you will have to do a manual install of the ota. I believe it was vzwrocks who mentioned it.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I was told if you go into Applications/ then select Manage Applications/ scroll down to Market under either the Downloaded or All category/ and once you click on Market, clear cache and even clear data, then force stop/ This should allow you to click on the Market icon and have the new updated Market possibly showing your apps as well. Just a try

Can you update it?

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I was told if you go into Applications/ then select Manage Applications/ scroll down to Market under either the Downloaded or All category/ and once you click on Market, clear cache and even clear data, then force stop/ This should allow you to click on the Market icon and have the new updated Market possibly showing your apps as well. Just a try

I tried all that. It didn't work.

Can anyone else try and see if the paid "MLB at bat" shows up in their market and let me know.

Thanks in advance

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the old market too, but I downloaded one thing and it went back to the current one.
One issue I'm having now is the random shutdowns... I find this troublesome because I had the same issue on my voyager which is one of the reasons I upgraded.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the old market too, but I downloaded one thing and it went back to the current one.
One issue I'm having now is the random shutdowns... I find this troublesome because I had the same issue on my voyager which is one of the reasons I upgraded.

Yes they have been reported elsewhere as well. I would advise anyone who's wishing to install this RUU to hold off until the official OTA is released. There are still some bugs to be fixed. Fortunately I haven't experienced any.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I installed the ruu this morning around 9am and have been on the phone all day. Not a single problem to report. Battery absolutely seems better on 4G. Not draining nearly as quickly. It's running great so I'm keeping it. Wondering how it is for everyone else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995