TB and Juice Defender BETA.

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I use it and I've noticed it gives me at least 1-2 hours more of standby. If you constantly turn your screen on and off though, it uses more battery because its turning the data radios on and off.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a big improvement with it. The other day, my phone was unplugged for about 22hrs before I went to bed and I stil had about 35% when I put it on the charger. And that was with checking Twitter and Facebook throughout the day. Playing Words with Friends, Angy Birds, going to a few websites, and using Google Reader.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I use it and I've noticed it gives me at least 1-2 hours more of standby. If you constantly turn your screen on and off though, it uses more battery because its turning the data radios on and off.

I gotta agree with this.

It will save you more battery if you have bad data coverage though since it'll stop the phone from burning battery searching and stretching for signal.

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is pretty good.
I installed it as soon as I got my TB last weekend so I don't have much to compare it to.

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had mixed results with it, the past 3 days my battery died before 1pm after being fully charged at 7am. But last week it would go the full day on 1 charge. I'm starting to think I have a defective battery

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I use this and I notice that my battery life is better, but I am not convinced that turning the radio's on and off constantly will save battery especially for me since I text a lot during the day.

I pretty much use WiFi everywhere I go though (home, school, work, gf house) so that helps but I am still not sure.

neoterixx64

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it today and I notice a big difference in my batter life.

I woke up at 3AM, phone was fully charged I unplugged it and went back to bed. At 8 AM I was at like 89%. My biggest problem is when the battery would die without using the phone.

About half the day I was doing mostly text msgs, mostly web surfing/facebook app.

At about 49% I was almost 9 hours unplugged.

Mind you my biggest concern was getting through the day when I wasn't using the phone and having my battery drain.

So for me this app showed some significant results.

Buzzy42

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Gotta agree, it helps a LOT if you're a light/moderate user who goes long stretches of not checking the phone. If you're on it every 5 minutes it probably kills any benefits but it seems like a really good app. I do notice occasionally it doesn't seem to be working right (and I'll catch it not really turning off the radios) but stopping and restarting the service tends to clear that up.

That said the latest update in the marketplace got a lot of negative reviews, saying lots of options moved into "paid" -- has anyone updated? (in the last week or so) Is it worth it?

swamp

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I had some worse battery life with JD than without. However, there have been multiple beta's released since the Tbolt launched and I have faithfully accepted/installed all of them. I do believe with the last few the improvement is noticeable. IIRC the company also explicitly stated that a Tbolt specific bug was fixed in a release some weeks back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol