Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Does this require any fee our is it free?

It's free until Sept. 1st, then it's $10 a month for the video capability including the live NFL network option.

I would gladly pay the $10 but the video quality is simply not worth it to me. They REALLY need to improve that.

You can still listen to all games via live audio feed for free after Sept 1st, get live game scores and read news.

Hell I don't know, I might still pay it.

Reactions: fatboy97

Littleairjordan1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So just making sure, the live video now and even the live video of the draft next week will be free, but we can't watch any video for free after september 1st of just live games? And yes I realized, its awesome.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
So just making sure, the live video now and even the live video of the draft next week will be free, but we can't watch any video for free after september 1st of just live games? And yes I realized, its awesome.
Correct, everything is free from now until Sept. 1st(including draft coverable). You cannot watch ANY video(including live games) after Sept. 1st for free, from my read of how it works. Now, the cost(10 bucks) is always subject to change, but it was $10 last year so I'm assuming it will be the same.

Assuming there is a season haha
I hear you on that.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks this app is awesome. I have no idea how I'm going to pay attention in school now haha.
No problem. I agree with you, it's a great app. It wasn't a deciding factor on my moving to Verizon, but it was just one more reason that making the move was easier. :) My best friend like me is a big NFL fan but he's on US Cellular with an HTC Desire. I opened this app and showed him around today and his jaw was on the floor. :D

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When did it start costing money? I had it with my BB Storm2 last year and it was fine, every sunday I was at work I was watching redzone for free! I loved it! I dont know if the video quality is worth the 10 a month. Though it is only for the football season, I guess I could cancel it after that? But still I thought it was a free thing for VZW subscribers.

Reactions: Slapnpop826

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
When did it start costing money? I had it with my BB Storm2 last year and it was fine, every sunday I was at work I was watching redzone for free! I loved it! I dont know if the video quality is worth the 10 a month. Though it is only for the football season, I guess I could cancel it after that? But still I thought it was a free thing for VZW subscribers.

I was thinking the same thing.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm just going by what I've been reading so I cannot say anything about why it was free on the BB Storm. If you go to the app description in the market it tells you right there that it will cost money for video starting September 1. You can also Google search and you'll see lots of search results talking cost, etc..

I agree about the video quality and the price...I also agree with you about the 10 bucks only for the football season If it's only for five months that would be like $50...I can more easily live with that.

Also, Verizon subscribers are the only folks who can use this app...it's an exclusive, so if they are charging for this...it's us they will be charging. :)

Fire923

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

In the beginning it was free to watch and after that you could watch videos thru the week. If you subscribed to Vcast you could watch for free. I like it where I can listen to any game and see stats of that game.

I will be watching the draft friday night while I'm at my son's baseball game.

rawdigga

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm just going by what I've been reading so I cannot say anything about why it was free on the BB Storm. If you go to the app description in the market it tells you right there that it will cost money for video starting September 1. You can also Google search and you'll see lots of search results talking cost, etc..

I agree about the video quality and the price...I also agree with you about the 10 bucks only for the football season If it's only for five months that would be like $50...I can more easily live with that.

Also, Verizon subscribers are the only folks who can use this app...it's an exclusive, so if they are charging for this...it's us they will be charging. :)

That really sucks. i had this for about a year when i was on sprint then verizon outbit them. The nfl network was free even the thurs. night games was free. That was my favorite app back then. Video quality was about the same as it is now. Verizon is paying the nfl twice as much money for it than sprint did so their passing that cost to us.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
It was free last year, including the RedZone channel, if you downloaded before a certain date. I had everything for free on my droid last season.

The video will cost if you want to use it next season.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
what is this thing about "this application requires a verizon login client" I have the thunderbolt rooted, is that a problem? I accept the terms and it give me that error and the only option I have is to exit.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It was free last year, including the RedZone channel, if you downloaded before a certain date. I had everything for free on my droid last season.

The video will cost if you want to use it next season.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

+1^^^^^^^ Had it on my X only thing that costs it the live games,every thing else is FREE,my Friends......FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I watched redzone free all last season on my Storm2 as well. Hopefully the same will happen this year. If not I will drop 10 on it. it was wworth it last year to me.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It is a wonderful app for news and scores. I found that viewing the games via Slingplayer was better quality, so I quit using it for watching full games.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk