Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I tell what's installed on SD card?

Such a noob lol, I would like to know how can i tell what's installed on my SD card and how do I move things to my SD card. Thanks In advance
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,734 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Do some google work. There are a ton of ways. I like astro file manager in the app market. I recommend it highly
    Thanked by:
    lovy 

Settings > applications > Manage applications > 'on sd card'
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
    Thanked by:
    lovy 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Do some google work. There are a ton of ways. I like astro file manager in the app market. I recommend it highly
    Thanks Johnly.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaidrake View Post
    Settings > applications > Manage applications > 'on sd card'
    wow i feel stupid lol, thank you Can I move things to my SD card and if so how?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Wow I just checked and I wonder why none of my Gameloft games move to SD Card.

Quote Originally Posted by lovy View Post
    wow i feel stupid lol, thank you Can I move things to my SD card and if so how?
    In the manage applications section just select the app, and if it can be you'll see a button that says 'move to sd card'
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
    Thanked by 2:
    lovyobidos 
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,734 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Iovy, astro is free and a great file editor / mover as well. It will also back up all your apps, just like titanium pro.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecaidrake View Post
    In the manage applications section just select the app, and if it can be you'll see a button that says 'move to sd card'
    I've experimented with this method, but for the life of me, can't find where the file was transferred to on the SD card. I am currently using Astro to view files.

Quote Originally Posted by HiPower View Post
    I've experimented with this method, but for the life of me, can't find where the file was transferred to on the SD card. I am currently using Astro to view files.
    What are you looking for?
    Device history:

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Just trying to learn where the apps moved to SD card are stored. I notice when apps are uninstalled the SD card is not cleaned up and remnant files or folders remain
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,734 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by HiPower View Post
    Yeah, the stock file manager on the droid x is sub par compared to astro for me as well.