Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default connecting through WiFi

not sure what i am doing wrong. but i go into Panera and connect to their WiFi. says connected, but then when i try to download FB messages or email, i jsut the the hourglass and it wont go through the wifi. i turned off the interet connection, but that didnt help. any suggestions?

Most likely have to open the browser and accept the usage agreement to use the network. It's connected, but until you accept it, you will have no network functionality.
    Thanked by:
    u7mg0 

what paulmike said, and i'll add that if i don't use the phone/internet for a while it times out and i have to do it again.
    Thanked by:
    u7mg0 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

one more questions please. will the phone automatically switch to wifi if it is connected and not go through 3G?

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Yes, it should.
    -SoDev

Kinda off topic but does anyone use the best wifi performance option under the advance menu in the wifi settings page? It says it may consume more power. Just wondering if its worth the tradeoff and how it works.

ROM
    Das BAMF Remix v1.6.3

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_of_Thunder View Post
    Kinda off topic but does anyone use the best wifi performance option under the advance menu in the wifi settings page? It says it may consume more power. Just wondering if its worth the tradeoff and how it works.
    I'm not seeing this advanced menu. Can you advise more specifically how to access it?

You bet! Menu..wireless and networks..wifi settings..menu..advanced.. Best wifi performance

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Thanks Bolt. Who knew. That is also where you can change your wifi sleep policy. My wifi is plenty fast, but I'd love to hear about any results using it.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk
    -SoDev

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default touch screen issues logging into wifi

This may be screen issue, but.... I am at an office suite that requires us to log in to the wifi (does not remember you after the first login)...I load the internet app (same for firefox and the stock internet app) the login screen appears, but when I touch the box to input the id and/or password I get no response.. i.e. the keyboard does not appear and the curser does not show in the box. I have tried several different keyboards, Swype, stock, etc. and get the same results. Then mysteriously, it works . Any ideas? Thanks!