Newbie wanting to pull trigger on $129 deal...

gopackgo777

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello, everyone. I have always purchased my Verizon phones at one of their company stores for ease and convenience. I am thinking of purchasing one on Amazon because of the great price, but have heard good and bad things about "on-line" purchases of cell phones.

Could everyone please advise me as to their own opinion and or experiences(pluses and minuses) of purchasing an online phone. Just wondering if the money I save is worth a possible headache short or long term down the road? Activation, return policy, in-store help with on-line purchase, ect.

Thank you, in advance, to all that reply.

LateNight

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
At that price point what are you waiting for. You get the phone in the mail and activate. No different than if you ordered from verizon.com

I wish I was able to order from Amazon. My wife is a VZ employee and we can only order from Verizon.com

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything in the fine print though that OP should know about?

The only thing that the OP should know about ordering from Amazon is that you cannot cancel the service or line before 6 months or Amazon will charge you an ETF on top of the Verizon ETF.

gopackgo777

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for the help. If I had a question or problem with the Thunderbolt say within the first 30 days or even later down the road, if I went into a Verizon company store would they answer my question, and or solve my problem even though I didn't buy the phone from their store? I just like dealing with a "person" for customer support, rather then an "over the phone" customer representative. Thank you again.