keeping sd card when getting a replacement

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Due to my sd card problem (Mounted ReadOnly) I'm prolly going to VZW store today and ask them to replace the bad one. Because my info is on the existing card I'd like to keep it. Can I do that or will they require me to give it to them?

scassel

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Lots of variables...My suspicion is they will pull just a new SD card off the hook and not remove one from a new phone. If that is the case, I believe they will need the bad one so they can be reimbursed. I know they can transfer contacts and what not but I am not sure about data from SD card.

You don't have a card reader? You should look into that. While not needed often, they sure can be a life saver in time such as this.

Maybe call big red first and ask if they can transfer your data??

Good luck

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Due to my sd card problem (Mounted ReadOnly) I'm prolly going to VZW store today and ask them to replace the bad one. Because my info is on the existing card I'd like to keep it. Can I do that or will they require me to give it to them?
Hi Deb,

When I replaced my phone they didn't allow me to keep my SD card said I needed a new one.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
At my store, I use either Recuva or iCare to retrieve lost files, then move them to a new sd card. Every now and then I get the talk from QA about handling a customer's PIM, but it evens out when the same customers tell my managers how awesome and helpful I was.. ;)

If the techs in your area store are anything like my team, they'd just move your info over using a demo netbook, and probably get the sd card out of a returned device, format it, then add your info back to it. Don't ask for that specifically, just let it happen if they're cool.. :cool:

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Deb. When I replaced my Tbolt I actually kept my SD card and also my Battery. And they gave me absolutely no problem wanting to keep either of them. Just make sure you do a system reset when they take the phone to delete any info you wouldnt want anyone to see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood