Need advice from MAC users....Don't want to return TB for Iphone.....Need help!

atwnsw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I bought 2 TB yesterday per my suggestion. I am a windows 7 user w/ outlook. She is a mac user with ical, address book, etc....and has a ME.com email address. Presently we both have older BB that allows us to sync using our different platforms.

My personal philosophy on phones is that we always should have the same phone so that we can help each other learn/tech support/etc... She isn't very good with technology and I am pathetic on the mac.

I just assumed that there would by 3rd party sync software that would allow her TB to sync with her Mac. However, my initial research last night indicated that what 3rd party software exists will such as spanningsync.com will no longer work after May 5 when mobileme goes to a cloud system.

Is there a way for mac users to sync their calendar, contact, tasks and email (me.com address) with an android platform?

Otherwise, I will be returning both TB for the Iphone 4. What really sucks is that I like the idea of the speed of the TB and flexibility.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Anthony

anon(247108)

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't use Mobile me except for junk mail and syncing bookmarks on my ipad and various macs. If you look at both ical and contacts on your mac, their is an option to sync with Google. I would try creating a google account for your wife and syncing ical and contacts to both mobile me and Google. you can just set up the stock mail app on the TB to see the mobile me account. I actually need to try this for my wife's calendar so will let you know.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have an iMac. Sync your ical and contacts with Google, and use Google to sync with your TB. I also have Mail on the Mac synced with Google.
If you have any other questions, ask away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith