anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Any way to save them to the phone after viewing them from an email? I use the gmail app I get the pdf attachment but I can only preview. Adobe doesn't have the option to save unless I'm missing it?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Any way to save them to the phone after viewing them from an email? I use the gmail app I get the pdf attachment but I can only preview. Adobe doesn't have the option to save unless I'm missing it?

Note: opening .pdf files in the GMAIL app will NOT save them to your phone; open the email using your MAIL app, and tap the Attachment to download it. it won't give a dialogue stating "downloading", but it will be downloaded to your "downloads" folder, the file path is shown here: "phone/sdcard/download/

i just tested this by sending myself an email with attached .pdf; viewed the file.
then went to home screen, app tray, Adobe Reader, PDF FILES, and it popped up

use a file manager (astro, es file explorer) to navigate to this Download folder to view your .pdf file, also

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrisy

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
So I guess the issue would be gmail doesn't have that function to download?

correct. it's stupid. hopefully it's addressed in an update sometime--like they addressed the 'preview' issue that plagued GMail users a while back when it took like 10 minutes to preview an attached document or anything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair