Would you trade your Thunderbolt for the Sensation?

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
dual core isn't optimized on android yet, it'll probably take them another year to do so. right now phones keep getting faster but there's almost no point until the os and apps takes advantage of it. i had a dual core OG Droid. It didn't perform better even when i OC it to 1.2ghz

BUT HDMI out is nice, but I never found myself in any situation where I needed it.

True, the OS I'm running now doesn't take advantage of dual core, but I said it would have more "lasting" power. So when it is optimized, the dual core would be utilized (and this I am assuming will be before my next upgrade...hence the "lasting" power)

My flat screen doesn't support dnla, so I have to jump through hoops to put it on my big screen. Again, not a deal breaker, but something I would like to have.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Since I'm on a one year contract with my Tbolt I'll stick with the Tbolt.... and I'm hoping it will be a good phone beyond a year, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what is new out by Feb/Mar of next year.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm on a one year contract with my Tbolt I'll stick with the Tbolt.... and I'm hoping it will be a good phone beyond a year, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what is new out by Feb/Mar of next year.
I think the hottest smartphone offerings next year will be Windows Phone LTE ~7/8/9 and iPhoneLTE ~6/7/8/

-Frank

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not to worried about it, the bolt will be fine, specially for us under 1 year contacts. So this phone will hold me until then, all tho I have a second upgrade on my contact coming up in oct so I'll be rocking the tbolt still and probably what ever new awesome duel core phone that will be out for verizon, I may hold off on that upgrade if I get wind that vzw will be dropping a 3d phone sometime in the future.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
if it was on verizon and had LTE, HELL YA! but the bolt definitely doesn't disappoint.
This. Verizon has always been behind the curve with the latest & greatest phones, partly because the worldwide GSM market is larger but also because of their conservative quality control policies (compare w Sprint). Us older farts have become accustomed to this for years. Without a great network, the greatest phone in the world is of rather limited value. But now with LTE, even a somewhat lesser phone like the ThunderBolt is far ahead of the curve.

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I would absolutely trade my bolt for it of it was on Verizon. I love my bolt but I really like the way the sensation looks for some reason. I also like sense 3.0 and since we will never get it. :/

sent for my fantastic thunderbolt.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the hottest smartphone offerings next year will be Windows Phone LTE ~7/8/9 and iPhoneLTE ~6/7/8/

-Frank

Frank, I think that is wishful thinking that either a Windows phone will even be remotely successful and have LTE... or an iPhone LTE will come out in the next two or three years let alone in 2012!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois