How can I print from Thunderbolt?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I currently have no computer or printer. I'd like to be able to print PDF and Word files from my Thunderbolt without getting a PC

Can anyone suggest an HP printer that is capable of this? What app would I need? Costs?

Does it use Bluetooth? I also don't have WiFi. I don't have a phone line.

Thanks for any suggestions. Especially for inexpensive suggestions!

bogeyx5

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
HP Deskjet 6940 Color Printer is $66 on Amazon.com and PrinterShare Premium is only a few dollars. I'm sure you can find a cheaper or used printer.

Even cheaper is going to a place like a Fedex store with internet access and email things you want to print to yourself. Small charge to use their computers and print. Library is free.

Good luck.

Reactions: Chrisy

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks, I'll look into those! Yes, I use the library now for printing. However, it is closed on Sunday and Monday, my days off, and gets really busy during season. They charge per paper but it's cheap.

Would just be nice to be able to print at home.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Chrisy,

I'm a real estate agent and I use a portable printer; the HP H470b with the add-on HP bt500 adapter. It's pretty spendy, but works great! There are different versions of the H470, so if you don't need the battery pack (for example), you could just buy the basic model and add the BT receiver. You'd be out the door for under $200 easy. In fact, mine is the H470b, which is not wireless, but has the battery pack. I got it from J&R Music for $160 and then I ordered the HP bt500 Bluetooth adapter from another company on Amazon for another $30 so I essentially ended up with the H470wbt (the $300+ model) for just under $200. So, it pays to shop around and know what the different models are, what they come with, etc. It all comes down to this though...the H470 is a modular printer, so anything the H470wbt can do, the plain old H470 (no battery, wireless, or anything) can do if you add the missing pieces.

And I use PrinterShare Premium to make it all work. Honestly, I haven't used it much since I have only had the TB a few weeks, but so far so good. The only thing is you have to print from within PrinterShare. On my BB I used Cortado Workplace and was able to print directly from the application where the document was (ex: Docs2Go). I tried Cortado Workplace for Android and couldn't figure out how to make it work...lol!

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
The ePrint service looks interesting if that would work for you. Personally, I like being able to print in the car, at a restaurant, in any house I'm in with a client, at the beach, or wherever I want, but not everyone needs/wants that ability or can justify the cost of doing it.

You should see the laptop bag I carry around with my laptop, the printer, power adapters for both, paper, forms, brochures, AND a portable document scanner. All in one bag that seems to weigh a ton...lol!