what happened to my battery?

atomwc

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
For starters I'm rooted and using the das bamf 1.5 Rom with the 4.4.2 kernel and the 1.16 radio. I have the 2750 mAh battery and 4G turned off since it isn't in my area yet. Where I work I don't even have 3g all day, when I looked at my battery stats today cell standby said I didn't have service at all for 71% of the time, I know this and my display are the big battery hogs. Today from 7am to noon is lost 12% of the battery, great! By 430 I was down to 23% and 15 min later after my car ride home the phone had shut off and couldn't be turned back on before having a few minutes on the charger first. I know my usage went up in the afternoon, about 10 texts were sent but I didn't use any data or play any games. Is my battery failing or is this somehow normal? I didn't have WiFi on at all today and had setcpu set to powersaver all day. I changed my WiFi to on and setcpu to smartass before I left work but that shouldn't account for 20% + in battery life over 15 minutes. What happened?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Where I work I don't even have 3g all day
Unfortunately, searching for 3G is probably just as battery intensive as searching for 4G. You might want to try turning off data during your time at work - Menu | Settings | Wireless & Networks | Mobile Network(s) Plural!) | enable always-on mobile data [unchecked]. I've never done this so I 'm not exactly sure how much it might save battery power. But, it's something.

I don't see any way on this phone to set for only 1x. Although, it sounds like you may not have that either.

-Frank

atomwc

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Should have noted I did the battery calibration after I flashed das bamf 1.5. I will look into an alternate kernel. And you're right about 3g being a resource hog, I'll disable it for when out isn't in use. Or try to set a profile that only enables it when the screen is on so when I might want to use it it is there.

What is green power? I haven't true that before?

atomwc

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I switched to lean kernel today and turned off 3g, not that it was working today anyway. And I installed watch dog to help monitor CPU usage. I've heard that some apps were 'stuck' and were running the CPU at 100% causing similar problems to mine and I can attest that my phone was very warm yesterday. Today with the changes I've made I used only 40% battery life. I had watch dog tell me that miren browser and the news app were useing too much cpu. Hopefully these results last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance