Verizon 4G not working?

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm presently at the Memphis airport and stayed last night through thunderstorm and tornado nearby, supposedly within range of the airport 4G. Yesterday the thunderbolt was switching continuously between 3G and 4G and I woke up this morning to find the phone all the way down to 1xRTT mode. I chose the hotel specifically to be within 4G coverage and really needed it (for the first time since getting the phone).

Battery pulls, restarts and reset does nothing.

Why oh why did I leave T-Mobile? Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
All kinds of threads about this already, it is nationwide.
There are even steps to put it to the old 3G style network to at least get you 3G over 1x.

Started yesterday sometime, late...and is still an issue today. I'm CERTAIN VZW is aware and working on it.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
There are even steps to put it to the old 3G style network to at least get you 3G over 1x.

Started yesterday sometime, late...and is still an issue today. I'm CERTAIN VZW is aware and working on it.

Does Verizon have a lot of these kinds of problems? It's a little concerning that in the first month the high speed service is already down for multiple hours nationwide.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
This is the 2nd time since the phone released on 3-17. The pain of being an early adapter.
Seriously. Last time it was only a few hours.
I can deal with 3g once in a while to get this network stable and solid.

TAPA-BAMF-BOLTED

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

I suppose the better step is to switch to a HSDPA galaxy tab. 7.2 mbps 3G > 3.1 mbps 3G.

It's a shame to see tmobile get swallowed up by AT&T. While not the most extensive coverage, the network seemed much more reliable than AT&T or Verizon.

bcollins021

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Im in Charlotte NC and my issues started yesterday for a few hours then it was fixed now its doing it again today so i called verizon and the tech guy said there is a outage nationwide and there is no time frame to when it will be back up.

Reactions: lovy

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
This problem started for me last night about Midnight in Rochester NY and has continued to South Jersey. I tried reboots and re-seating sim card. When I got home this morning I checked my wifes Thunderbolt and it was 1x also. it would be nice if Verizon would text us when the network is having problems.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
This problem started for me last night about Midnight in Rochester NY and has continued to South Jersey. I tried reboots and re-seating sim card. When I got home this morning I checked my wifes Thunderbolt and it was 1x also. it would be nice if Verizon would text us when the network is having problems.

Or at least if their web page said something like "4G and 3G is down. Don't break your phone eeing to fix it. It's not broken, we are."

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm presently at the Memphis airport and stayed last night through thunderstorm and tornado nearby, supposedly within range of the airport 4G. Yesterday the thunderbolt was switching continuously between 3G and 4G and I woke up this morning to find the phone all the way down to 1xRTT mode. I chose the hotel specifically to be within 4G coverage and really needed it (for the first time since getting the phone).

Battery pulls, restarts and reset does nothing.

Why oh why did I leave T-Mobile? Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

Wow thought I was going nuts, I am in a strong 4G area Brooklyn NY and woke up to 1X, ill just wait it out till Verizon resolves this. AC Fam don't let this upset you, most of use did get the phone upon release and although there are some problems we must admit TB is still a great phone.

anonymous239411

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Or at least if their web page said something like "4G and 3G is down. Don't break your phone eeing to fix it. It's not broken, we are."

I agree. There should be a site to go to, to see if there are any network issues. It would free up a lot of representatives who get bogged down from phone calls with people thinking its their phone.

wakestrong

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Here in around North of Charlotte NC this is doing it as well. First thing popped in my mind was to head here @ AC forum and see if there is any news about this situation. I notice mine was doing around 5am and decided to put my phone in airplane till I woke up and see the problem would persist. I turned off airplane the phone went straight up 1x, tried phone info switching between Lte and Cdma modes and still got 1x.

Was in the process of calling to tech support again, since I have had this problem since day 1 of the phone. Sometimes the phone seems to start pulling it's act together and always finds a way to mess up again. Yes I know this is part of being an early adopter of newer technology. But where does one draw the line at when you have a company that seems to not want to help the customer out and atleast notify them.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Here in around North of Charlotte NC this is doing it as well. First thing popped in my mind was to head here @ AC forum and see if there is any news about this situation. I notice mine was doing around 5am and decided to put my phone in airplane till I woke up and see the problem would persist. I turned off airplane the phone went straight up 1x, tried phone info switching between Lte and Cdma modes and still got 1x.

Was in the process of calling to tech support again, since I have had this problem since day 1 of the phone. Sometimes the phone seems to start pulling it's act together and always finds a way to mess up again. Yes I know this is part of being an early adopter of newer technology. But where does one draw the line at when you have a company that seems to not want to help the customer out and atleast notify them.

South Charlotte---same thing. woke up to 1x---toggled to CMDA AUTO PRL & Airplane Mode, and still looking at 1x on my phone.
was about to download the leaked RUU, but decided to come on the forum first. glad i did--else i would have been even more mad that work-around didn't fix it.

had the phone since day 1--and this is a mild inconvenience overall.
just sucks b/c i finally convinced my brother (iphone 3gs) to switch to the Thunderbolt yesterday---he bought it last night--and today the network goes down :) go figure. i will not be hearing the end of this irony.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
a quick fix until the 4g and eHRPD 3g come back online

dial ##778#
edit mode
password: 000000
Modem settings
Rev. A
enable
ok
menu
commit changes
*phone will restart and you will connect to the normal 3g network

when you hear via twitter of here that the 4g and ehrpd 3g is back up do the same thing but select eHRPD in the rev. a settings and it will go back to normal

with rev a. 3g you will not be able to talk and use data at the same time and the speed will be back down to normal 3g speeds..

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I had this start happening to me Monday around noon in the south Charlotte suburbs. I rebooted & 4G came back until...

I'm new on Verizon. Do they have outages often? Don't laugh, but when my DSL goes down for hours or a day ? which almost never happens, my ISP gives me credit on my bill. Does Verizon do this if you call & ask?

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
This does work...it'll take a few to go from 1x to 3G when you restart the phone, don't freak out.
I have WiFi @ work that's as fast or faster than 3G, (much slower than LTE) so I'll just leave mine as is and wait for it to come back up.

VZW acknowledged it...they're working on it...it'll be fixed soon I'm sure.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I had this start happening to me Monday around noon in the south Charlotte suburbs. I rebooted & 4G came back until...

I'm new on Verizon. Do they have outages often? Don't laugh, but when my DSL goes down for hours or a day ? which almost never happens, my ISP gives me credit on my bill. Does Verizon do this if you call & ask?

My guess is no. DSL not working at all vs. a slower internet/data connection on your phone are two separate things. I'm sure if you called and raised holy hell you might get something... But if this was my call at VZW I'd say you were still able to browse the Internet, get/send/receive email and make/receive phone calls.

Data is slower, the phone still works just as it did. And at this point, it's been less than 24 hours. So I'm not sure what a 3% credit would amount to or if its worth the phone call.

You'd have to prove some kind of financial or business hardship to get anything, again...IMO. Not being able to download a song very fast wouldn't apply...LOL.

;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay