Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Facebook double notifications...

Hello all,

Not sure if this has been resolved or addressed, I tried a search, but didn't find anything.

Not a big deal at all, but everytime I get some sort of Facebook notification (friend request, message, comment etc.) I get two notifications in my status bar. Is there anyway to only get one notification? I'm a droid noob so please bare with me lol..

btw, absolutely loving my phone and droid...

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

do you have the facebook app installed on your phone? if so, thats the reason. you are getting a facebook update from HTC Sense Facebook, as well as the Facebook App itself. You can fix this by disabling the syncing of one of the other.

ROM
    bamf forever 1.10/3++

Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook for HTC Sense > uncheck all but contacts
    Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook > check all but contacts
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slewman View Post
    do you have the facebook app installed on your phone? if so, thats the reason. you are getting a facebook update from HTC Sense Facebook, as well as the Facebook App itself. You can fix this by disabling the syncing of one of the other.
    thanks guys!!! kinda knew that was the problem, just didn't know how to adjust...