Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default FYI 3G and 4G Is Down Nation Wide

    Just talked to Verizon. It appears to be only the Thunderbolts too! I called and bitc@ed they gave me a 50% credit on my bill.
  2. #2  
  3. #3  

    Default

    I'm on 3g....
    Device history:
    Storm 1 > Tour > Droid > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Motorola Razr HD MAXX & Nexus 7
  4. #4  
    willymakit's Avatar

    Posts
    763 Posts
    Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    On 3g also.
  5. #5  
    thozgyz's Avatar

    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

    Default

    Well his post saying its down nation wide is new to me. And also that's its just the thunderbolts is new to me. And that he got a credit is good to know. So I thank androidxtc for posting.
  6. #6  
    Smittyn804's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    das Bamf 1.7 Remix

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    ... I called and bitc@ed they gave me a 50% credit on my bill.
    Well thats the best news from all of this! Stopping by BIG Red's house on the way home to put in a formal complaint. Maybe see if I can get one of those extended batteries too. (Ya know, just in case)
  7. #7  

    Default

    Just got off the phone with them and still no ETA for a fix..
    Follow Ya Boy @BiGTo0T
  8. #8  
    SoDev's Avatar

    Posts
    1,034 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

    Default

    I didn't get no discount! My complaining skills suck.
    -SoDev
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willymakit 75 View Post
    On 3g also.
    Well The lady said I could force it into 3G but if I did this when the service comes back I would have to re program the phone to get 4G again. I choose not to just getting 1X
  10. #10  
    JRZLocal's Avatar

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

    Default

    Yeah I'm on 1x here in jersey. 3g isn't working for me.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoDev View Post
    I didn't get no discount! My complaining skills suck.
    I complained and got 1.39 back. equivalent to one days worth of 4g service from the 39.99 that I pay each month. she said if the problem still persists to call again tomorrow and complain agaon an di would get credited.
    somebody said 50% up there? wow that's impressive dude. I've read somebody got 15 dollars.

    sent from my thunderbolt on 1x
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,038 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rlee1027 View Post
    I complained and got 1.39 back. equivalent to one days worth of 4g service from the 39.99 that I pay each month. she said if the problem still persists to call again tomorrow and complain agaon an di would get credited.
    somebody said 50% up there? wow that's impressive dude. I've read somebody got 15 dollars.

    sent from my thunderbolt on 1x
    They gave me back half of my calling plan. Did you use sugar or acid?
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    They gave me back half of my calling plan. Did you use sugar or acid?
    Do you happen to be a new customer sill within your return period?
  14. #14  

    Default

    ck b4 posting? It's already been on this board for 12 hrs...http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-.../79865-1x.html
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidXTC View Post
    They gave me back half of my calling plan. Did you use sugar or acid?
    acid

    sent from my thunderbolt
  16. #16  

    Default

    4g and 3g down on thunderbolt I have a driodx and the 3g works. The verizon ppl don't know what they talking about.
  17. #17  

    Default #carrierFAIL

    Quote Originally Posted by rlee1027 View Post
    I complained and got 1.39 back. equivalent to one days worth of 4g service from the 39.99 that I pay each month. she said if the problem still persists to call again tomorrow and complain agaon an di would get credited.
    somebody said 50% up there? wow that's impressive dude. I've read somebody got 15 dollars.

    sent from my thunderbolt on 1x
    I can't believe you accepted that...it's an insult.
    They tried offering my back the same 'prorated amount' of $1 and I basically told them to go screw themselves.
    I haven't been that offended in awhile actually.

    Escalated it to a supervisor and told her how insulting it is to offer a $1 credit to a customer who over the life of the contract will pay close to $2,000.
    10 minutes later and she offers me half the month so I ended up with a $15 credit.

    For anybody interested, I'm a new customer and just got my TBolt from Amazon yesterday.

    I'm still in shock that a customer support rep pulled up my account, saw that I signed a brand new two year contract just yesterday, and had the nerve to offer me a $1 credit.
    I almost disconnected the line right then and there.
    Forget the network outage, as someone who works at a software company, I can understand these things.

    But I would rather you take a dump on my chest and insult my mother than to offer me a $1 credit...what a slap in the face.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Also in 1x in NJ. Blerg.
  19. #19  

    Default

    I'm on 1X in Delaware. I'm just using WiFi in my house anyways so I don't really mind it
  20. #20  

    Default

    I called before I knew this was a widespread problem and was then informed it was not just my phone. I asked about a credit and they gave me a credit for a free month of data. It's not quite half my bill (which would be like $125), but hey, it's something!
  21. #21  
    potatolover1102's Avatar

    Posts
    587 Posts
    Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Have never lost 3g?? Didn't even know this was happening until I just opened Twitter lol.
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potatolover1102 View Post
    Have never lost 3g?? Didn't even know this was happening until I just opened Twitter lol.
    You're very lucky. I noticed that mine was gone when I tried to use it when I woke up this morning.
  23. #23  

    Default

    I got a 1 time $25 credit!!! Woo hoo! I guess i can call in tomorrow and try again..
  24. #24  

    Default

    I was on 3g, but went to lunch lost 3g and am now stuck at 1x. This is in Fontana CA. Data is kinda sorta working. No emails but I could get on yelp and check in.

    Might call up when I get home and complain, this is say 2 of my phone and now I have no service...blah blah blah. Do you call customer support, or tech support?
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HazedNInfuzed View Post
    I can't believe you accepted that...it's an insult.
    They tried offering my back the same 'prorated amount' of $1 and I basically told them to go screw themselves.
    I haven't been that offended in awhile actually.

    Escalated it to a supervisor and told her how insulting it is to offer a $1 credit to a customer who over the life of the contract will pay close to $2,000.
    10 minutes later and she offers me half the month so I ended up with a $15 credit.

    For anybody interested, I'm a new customer and just got my TBolt from Amazon yesterday.

    I'm still in shock that a customer support rep pulled up my account, saw that I signed a brand new two year contract just yesterday, and had the nerve to offer me a $1 credit.
    I almost disconnected the line right then and there.
    Forget the network outage, as someone who works at a software company, I can understand these things.

    But I would rather you take a dump on my chest and insult my mother than to offer me a $1 credit...what a slap in the face.
    i guess youre right. honeatly I wasn't really mad more like I wanted to see if I could even get some credit at all. I should've done what you did and just *****.

    sent from my thunderbolt
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions