I need some how to tips

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am new to android so some help would be great. I need some tips on how to load some of my work files onto my phone. I am in the field alot so having these files would be great. I need to open excel files, word docs, and pdfs. Whats the best way to store and organize on my phone?

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi there!

Here is something you might find useful as a new user of Android:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/31622-getting-started-android-tips-tricks.html

Insofar as how to organize your files, you can connect your phone via USB and set it up as a drive. You can then create folders and move the files into them. For example, I have created a Music folder and moved all my music into that folder. I created a Pictures folder and moved all my pictures into subfolders within that folder. So, you can pretty much do whatever you need as if you were using a regular USB drive. When you disconnect the phone, the card is remounted and the files are accessible to the phone.

I hope that helps! :)

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Created a folder. Now I can't find it.

You'll need a file manager app to really access/navigate folders (I assume you created it while the phone was mounted as a disk drive?). I always recommend Astro File Manager but there some others on the Market as well if you decide you don't care for that one.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use Document to Go the paid version in the market and I'm able to sync all my work files between my phone and computer so any changes you make to the file on your phone will sync to your pc. Its very nice and the folders are set up the same as your computer IMO it's worth the price.

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
What program are you using to look for the folders on the SD card? I use ES File Explorer.

I just found some in quickoffice, and some in adobe reader. I created 1 folder with my company name on it. Where is that folder? Or do I need another program. I would like all my company docs in one location. Some may be word docs, excel, and pdfs.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I also recommend Astro File Manager -- check the app market for it. Allows you to view and browse the contents of your SD card and open files directly from there.

Via your device, the root of your SD card is "/mnt/sdcard/", so if, for example, you created a folder on your SD card named "Sparky", then the path to that directory would be "/mnt/sdcard/Sparky".

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I use and recommend "Officesuite Pro" from the Market for all of your work documents. Astro from the Market for a file manager (Windows Explorer work-a-like).

-Frank