Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Gingerbread for the thunderbolt

    Has anyone heard an official date as to when gingerbread will roll out for the thunderbolt yet?
  2. #2  

    Default

    If we did it would be the top story... and it would be on tonight's podcast... but no, we have not heard anything yet.
  3. #3  
    willymakit's Avatar

    Posts
    763 Posts
    Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    As I have said before.......When the timer goes ding we will open the oven door and out will be perfect Gingerbread,but not until the ding.
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default

    I wonder if when the thunderbolt gets gingerbread if well get the video chat in Google talk?

    Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    INK
    INK is offline
    INK's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    466 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bstmstrxellos View Post
    I wonder if when the thunderbolt gets gingerbread if well get the video chat in Google talk?

    Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    I think that may not happen until Ice cream Sandwich, as it is the fusion of Gingerbread and Honeycomb. And Honeycomb so far is only able to do it.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Do you have to flash back to stock before updating to Gingerbread? If so, can someone PM me a zip for the stock rom, just for future reference : p
  7. #7  

    Default

    HTC has mentioned Q2 as an ETA for Gingerbread on the Thunderbolt. Whether that be 2.3.4 or something else, I haven't heard. I would like to think that HTC would update with the latest version, considering most of the other gingerbread features are kind of lackluster ones to say the least. Oh yeah, and we're currently in Q2 and almost half way through it. So I would expect an update here in the next couple months.
    Moto V300 - Moto E815 - LG VX8600 - Moto Krave - Blackberry Pearl 8130 - Moto Droid - HTC Thunderbolt - galaxy nexus
  8. #8  
    dhendriksen's Avatar
    Android Addict

    Posts
    1,082 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

    Default

    Almost half way? We're almost 4 weeks into the 13 week quarter.
  9. #9  

    Default

    I believe I read somewhere they were shooting for June. I will try to find where I read that.
    By the beard of Zeus!
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INK View Post
    I think that may not happen until Ice cream Sandwich, as it is the fusion of Gingerbread and Honeycomb. And Honeycomb so far is only able to do it.
    Actually, GoogleTalk video chat is available in 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) for the Nexus devices (code posted last night to AOSP).

    Here's hoping the ThunderBolt goes to 2.3.4 as well!
  11. #11  

    Default

    Could this be a question for.....wait for it.........BENNNNN ????

    dum, dum, dummmmmmmmm
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iastonish View Post
    Do you have to flash back to stock before updating to Gingerbread? If so, can someone PM me a zip for the stock rom, just for future reference : p
    I would also like to know this. I thought I read somewhere in another thread that you needed to be back to stock before upgrading, but can't find where that was.
  13. #13  

    Default

    June 30th.
  14. #14  
    Chrisy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,327 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm happy with the current OS but look forward to gingerbread whenever that happens.
  15. #15  
    AndroidXTC's Avatar

    Posts
    1,036 Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default

    The EVO had OTA Froyo 8 weeks after launch.
  16. #16  

    Default

    I spoke to a buddy at Verizon and he mentioned that in the next couple of weeks we should see Gingerbread on the thunderbolt. He said Google is uploading it into the systems now to have everything ready. So probably June
  17. #17  
    willymakit's Avatar

    Posts
    763 Posts
    Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChoonkyMoonky View Post
    I spoke to a buddy at Verizon and he mentioned that in the next couple of weeks we should see Gingerbread on the thunderbolt. He said Google is uploading it into the systems now to have everything ready. So probably June
    Alrighty then....
  18. #18  
    SUB-dawg's Avatar
    Nexus Lover

    Posts
    1,268 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alcoholics02 View Post
    Could this be a question for.....wait for it.........BENNNNN ????

    dum, dum, dummmmmmmmm

    haha he needs to come back.
    Follow me on Twitter!



    Add me on Google+

    Link

Posting Permissions

B