Would you trade your Thunderbolt for a Droid Charge?

Would you trade the Thunderbolt for the Droid Charge?

• Total voters

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So even though the Droid Charge was delayed due to the 4G LTE network being down, reviewers still got their hands on a review unit. so after seeing a glimpse of what the phone is and does, do you regret buying a thunderbolt?

is the charge too much money? :-$
hate touchwiz?
don't want to wait another 2 years for gingerbread?

chime in below! :)

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Samsung and physical buttons couldn't possibly convince me. Actually, physical buttons alone might be killer, but then to throw in Samsung? Hell no.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So even though the Droid Charge was delayed due to the 4G LTE network being down, reviewers still got their hands on a review unit. so after seeing a glimpse of what the phone is and does, do you regret buying a thunderbolt?

is the charge too much money? :-$
hate touchwiz?

chime in below! :)

is the charge too much money? it costs the same amount
hate touchwiz? we will have touchwiz off in no time
Won't , plus gingerbread wont print money or turn into a jet so not really worried about it.

Im not a fan of sense, not a fan of not recieving message notifications or recieving false ones. root is a pain i had to spend maybe a combined of a week automating it. its to heavy, the screen is dull. Its probably not the phones fault but getting data to work is such a pain i have to wait several minutes for data only to lose it moments later. Random reboots. SMS bugs galore. Im sure i left out more. I can't wait for my new fascinate to get here so i can return this and use that while i wait for the charge, or if the charge is out tomorrow good bye TB

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No.

- dislike physical buttons
- don't have to be forced in a 2 year contract now
- I've grown quite fond of the kickstand
- Development community will most likely not be as good/vast
- Touchwiz kinda sucks
- NO 3G talk/data at the same time
- Price of a 2 year is the price of my 1 year bolt. (not liking the upwards trend of phone prices in general)
- Would have waited an extra month+

I've had 0 of the issues doridxcon has had with his bolt thankfully. And the weight is a not issue to me, I'm not a sissy man ;).

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
No.

- dislike physical buttons
- don't have to be forced in a 2 year contract now
- I've grown quite fond of the kickstand
- Development community will most likely not be as good/vast
- Touchwiz kinda sucks
- NO 3G talk/data at the same time
- Price of a 2 year is the price of my 1 year bolt. (not liking the upwards trend of phone prices in general)
- Would have waited an extra month+

I think the only thing i will miss is the Kickstand, that this is sweet i must say

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Not only NO... but HELL NO!!

While i much prefer Moto phones and there feel and form factor (feel like a much higher quality device) I wouldn't trade my T-Bolt for ANY current device from any maker.. And while i like the Moto fit and feel better, their current stand on looked boot-loaders has turned me away from them.. And i came from a D1 (Vanilla android please) and a DX, great once you root/rom it.. But still crippled in many ways.. So it's the BOLT for me

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to vote a "HELL NO"

I mean I have to say that shape would work if it was thinner (not that the TBolt is or anything) and they got rid of the physical buttons... then I'd be interested and would solely buy depending on being able to root.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
is the charge too much money? it costs the same amount
hate touchwiz? we will have touchwiz off in no time
Won't , plus gingerbread wont print money or turn into a jet so not really worried about it.

Im not a fan of sense, not a fan of not recieving message notifications or recieving false ones. root is a pain i had to spend maybe a combined of a week automating it. its to heavy, the screen is dull. Its probably not the phones fault but getting data to work is such a pain i have to wait several minutes for data only to lose it moments later. Random reboots. SMS bugs galore. Im sure i left out more. I can't wait for my new fascinate to get here so i can return this and use that while i wait for the charge, or if the charge is out tomorrow good bye TB

Charge charges you 300 bucks...

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have yet to see any of those bugs. The only reason to go for the Charge is the screen and that doesn't negate the downside of it still being a Samsung. If the Charge was an LTE Galaxy S II already with Gingerbread, then maybe. Even then the development community will pale in comparison to any of the HTC devices due to the bad taste that Samsung has left in the US.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If I had a Thunderbolt, HELL YES. The Droid Charge has the openness of Samsung, TouchWiz, and physical buttons ( I must admit, when I owned a MyTouch 4g I did enjoy them, more reliable than soft keys). Plus a better front facing camera and screen. Overall, this device is better in the sense that it looks better ( I am getting tired of the same old Desire HD design they keep recycling). Both devices look great though, either or would be a smart buy.

Sent from my Xoom

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site

Forgive me if I'm wrong but doesn't HTC have much better track record for updating phones and using OTA to push on newer versions of Android OS in comparision to Samsung having GREAT screen quality (they have head start the make TV's lol) but horrible OTA update issues with hugely long way on phones like Fascinate ect. I mean can someone tell me what Samsung outside great screen quality has done well in high end cell market? Most their phones seem to be copying the specs of HTC and sorry but I trust a company who actually cares to update the Android OS OTA in timely manner.

Pretty confident that I have had huge issues with getting a TB without issues myself but right now there is no phone I would trade for. 4G speeds are amazing, weight is not an issue after a few days of use, if you have never used sense before sure I can respect it takes some getting use to. If you are buying a phone simply to mod it all you care about is screen / image quality, processor size, internal memory and build quality. So you are comparing apples to oranges if that is your ONLY concern. Have active HTC phones and Samsung I would never trade the HTC for another brand just for a touch better screen and lose all benefits outside that you gain with both having flaws (Bloatware, Software bugs, Battery undersized) again sure they are valid to compare but with both having great sellling points most consumers are not picking HTC over Samsung because they are the "newest" phones. It is because to most they have great track record in QUALITY of overall phones. You pick which phone best suits you but I would never compare HTC vs Samsung in Android OTA updates of OS because it is like bringing a box wine to a wine drinking party.

NO I would keep the phone from company (HTC) I know will update to Gingerbread in due time and I have ZERO issues outside 2 small software bugs that don't affect the phone working at all.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Then i must be lying

lol. nah. Some of them may be a legit beef. Maybe a bad phone, phone gods just not liking you and others may be a little blown out of proportion. You can't tell us though that you didn't buy the Thunderbolt already wearing Samsung colored glasses. You were really gung ho on the Charge from the beginning. The Bolt was at a disadvantage from the start.