Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HBO Go not compatible?

Has anyone installed the HBO Go app on the Thunderbolt? The market won't let me, it says the verizon htc adr6400l not a compatible device. Also when i search for it from the market app on the phone it doesn't show up

Quote Originally Posted by LoD_Cin View Post
    Has anyone installed the HBO Go app on the Thunderbolt? The market won't let me, it says the verizon htc adr6400l not a compatible device. Also when i search for it from the market app on the phone it doesn't show up
    They don't want us using our uber fast phone network to browse the tv interwebs

ROM
    Stock

I was able to install it without a problem earlier today on my thunderbolt and it works great. Stream near instantly in just 2-3 seconds to buffer on 4G LTE and is very clear.

Now I did have it crash on me once and then it said This GO ID is already streaming and wouldn't let me start it back up. I just went into to settings and Changed/made up a new ID and got back to watching my movie.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I was able to install it without a problem earlier today on my thunderbolt and it works great. Stream near instantly in just 2-3 seconds to buffer on 4G LTE and is very clear.

Now I did have it crash on me once and then it said This GO ID is already streaming and wouldn't let me start it back up. I just went into to settings and Changed/made up a new ID and got back to watching my movie.

great so this is a problem with my phone or account then. Should i contact Verizon or Google?

i down loaded it with no problem and watched a show on 3g. works pretty good...

ROM
    Stock

great so this is a problem with my phone or account then. Should i contact Verizon or Google?
    Honestly I don't know but I'd try Verizon or even emailing HBO Go support before trying Google.

I'm no expert but i know people are going to ask if you are stock or have you rooted and loaded a custom rom.

Also what time did you try to download it today just to see if someone else can confirm they were able to download it later than you. Just in case for some odd reason they removed support for the Thunderbolt. Wish I could be more help. Hopefully one of the more informed people will pop in here and help.

I had that same issue. I just did a restart on my phone and now it plays great.
    Thanked by:
    Anubis 

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Harlemknight View Post
    I had that same issue. I just did a restart on my phone and now it plays great.
    Ya know I thought of trying that but i took the faster lazy route and just typed a new name in lol. Good to know that works for the next time time. Thanks for letting us know that.

IMO, this is now THE android application. Unbelieveable to have all this content anytime I want on my Tbolt. EVERY episode of the Sopranos for FREE!! Well minus my subscription but I was already paying that plus you cannot watch whatever you want on TV like you can on this app!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Honestly I don't know but I'd try Verizon or even emailing HBO Go support before trying Google.

I'm no expert but i know people are going to ask if you are stock or have you rooted and loaded a custom rom.

Also what time did you try to download it today just to see if someone else can confirm they were able to download it later than you. Just in case for some odd reason they removed support for the Thunderbolt. Wish I could be more help. Hopefully one of the more informed people will pop in here and help.
    I just tried it about an hour ago. Also i am stock

Quote Originally Posted by Air Force One View Post
    IMO, this is now THE android application. Unbelieveable to have all this content anytime I want on my Tbolt. EVERY episode of the Sopranos for FREE!! Well minus my subscription but I was already paying that plus you cannot watch whatever you want on TV like you can on this app!
    You can connect your PC to your TV and steam all the same content from the HBO GO site.

ROM
    Stock

I just tried it about an hour ago. Also i am stock
    Well hopefully someone can confirm they have downloaded after say 4:30pm est to to make sure they haven't pull support or something odd.

Have you tried to go to the browser based android market-sign-in and click install, starting a remote install. I once found a app I couldn't install from the market and got around it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmike3 View Post
    You can connect your PC to your TV and steam all the same content from the HBO GO site.
    Yeah I guess I could

not working for me. stock unrooted

Working great here, since release day.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF 1.5R / leanKernel

Downloaded it yesterday and tried a show, it works just fine for me. Rooted, Romed, and Kerneled.
    Cars, Technology, and Stogies ... All the fine things in life.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

It says mine is incompatible too, stock non rooted, running thew newer ruu file

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I installed it last night and it worked fine for me.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

I don't have the HBO channels on my cable account. Can I still use this app?

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrankXS View Post
    I don't have the HBO channels on my cable account. Can I still use this app?

-Frank
    no..
    Thanked by:

ROM
    stock

I installed yesterday and it works great for me, although I've only used it on wi-fi at my home. But there was zero buffering and the PQ was awesome with no stuttering at all.
    And the amount of content on this app is staggering, I think they have just about all their series' both old and new available, and all seasons of them too.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

Stock and unrooted and installed last night.

Now all we need is HDMI out
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Just installed on my stock TBolt. I previously created my Go account on my PC. I signed in as an existing user, DirecTV as my provider, and it works great. No problems at all. Really great App!
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I went to the Verizon store this weekend and the Thunderbolt on display was able to find it and install no problem. They tried a factory reset on my phone and it still didn't so they think its my phone. I have a replacement coming tomorrow so hopefully that works.

Smile It works fine on my ThunderBolt

I installed it the day HBO made it available, and it has worked fine. It is a fantastic app with very high quality video, and you can watch whatever you want whenever you want. I can't do that on my TV. With this and Droid TV I almost don't miss Netflix.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast