Why do people think HTC has good build quality?

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but i have to say this. You have not had the OG droid for 2 years. It's only been out for a year and a half now, give or take a few weeks. So with that said, your exaggeration there leaves me less inclined to believe any of your other claims about how your phone is falling apart as you claim.

jgang06 just got BUSTED!

Reactions: Chrisy

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
HTC has had build quality issues since the Touch Pro, maybe before. Its just one of those things people choose to deal with. Pretty much every HTC ive had has had some type of build issue, from crapping keyboards to dead vibration motors to cracked casing to dust under the screens. Yet, I keep buying em. Go figure.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
im not even going to read your posts.

ive had droid1, droid2, fascinate, and now thunderbolt.

and all i can say is htc > *

i have a phone you can get, its white and it has one button...

Last edited:

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I came from the original Droid and have noticed that im having more problems with my Thunderbolt than my droid.

I have had the following problems:

I have multiple scratches on my screen. I never once had a single scratch on my original Droid after owning it for 2 years and not using a case.

The speaker grill on the top of the phone is "flaking", for lack of a better word. It looks like the chrome is like rubbing off or something.

The black area right beneath the menu keys on the bottom of the phone is chipping away.

The kickstand is also scratched up and barely pealing on the back.

Is it just me or does anyone else's phone look likes it been beat up more than it should? Im not a big case user, but im thinking about buying one, mainly to protect the screen. I just never thought about it because I never had problems with my old Droid.

The Droid hasn't been out for two years.

As for the rest, you might want to try screen protectors, and be more careful with your phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I came from the original Droid and have noticed that im having more problems with my Thunderbolt than my droid.

I have had the following problems:

I have multiple scratches on my screen. I never once had a single scratch on my original Droid after owning it for 2 years and not using a case. A screen protector is just what the name says, a protector. seriously, the short bus was your ride to school

The speaker grill on the top of the phone is "flaking", for lack of a better word. It looks like the chrome is like rubbing off or something. i dont think it should flake so quick, so yes a flaw.

The black area right beneath the menu keys on the bottom of the phone is chipping away. case would prevent that

The kickstand is also scratched up and barely pealing on the back. oh hai case

Is it just me or does anyone else's phone look likes it been beat up more than it should? Im not a big case user, but im thinking about buying one, mainly to protect the screen. I just never thought about it because I never had problems with my old Droid. a case protects "beat" up phones. lets go play nfl football without pads. sounds like a good plan right?

read in red

lindros2#AC

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
read in red

"oh hai case" ? What does that mean ?

And what does a case do for the kickstand? Is there now a kickstand "sheath" ?

Save the arrogant and sarcastic responses - many have noted that this phone is *NOT* made well (inside -or- out). I've had an iPhone 4 for a week (after giving up on the TBolt), and even dropped it on a stone patio without damage).

External: the ThunderBolt had chipping, scratching, and other flaking issues. Light bleed. Over-sensitive touchscreen. Volume rockers were "soft".

Internal: short battery life, missing memory, heat, etc.

ClassaN0va

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My thing is... why aren't people using cases? Like.. they've made cases virtually paper thin and light. Then.. there are screen protectors. I'm scared to think of people's sex lives on here. "I dont rock protection, takes away all the feeling"

lindros2#AC

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Why do folks blame build quality when "they" scratch their screens?

I'm confused.

Let me clear up the confusion. Because my wife's BlackBerry Storm, my iPod Touch, numerous iPhone 4's, and a number of other phones didn't scratch in the first year.

This one did. In the first week.

Environment? Maybe. But expectations go UP with each generation, not down.

With a screen this large, it's bound to happen.

ClassaN0va

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Save the arrogant and sarcastic responses - many have noted that this phone is *NOT* made well (inside -or- out). I've had an iPhone 4 for a week (after giving up on the TBolt), and even dropped it on a stone patio without damage).

External: the ThunderBolt had chipping, scratching, and other flaking issues. Light bleed. Over-sensitive touchscreen. Volume rockers were "soft".

So you pretty much used this post to say "hey I have an iphone now".

Congratulations on getting your iphone buddy. Hope it suits you well. But even with that device.. get a case and stop daring to defy physics.

Phone with no case + 3" fall = damaged.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

im glad you went to the iphone, too many bad reps by people who cant figure out a smart phone.

oh hai case means OH HI CASE, get a case. seriously what does a case have to do with the kickstand. well lets see. if you add something that is .1 mm thicker aka a case. the kickstand will not hit your pocket on insertion and removal therefore protecting it. missing memory? thank god you went to iphone where everything is simple. a little hint for you, its a phone not a super high tech non-vulnerable sacred metal. normal use and dropping it will leave scratches and chips.

bthomp21

Banned
Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
well chrissy, its not anger. its called annoyance because all these guys are coming back to here JUST to complain about the thunderbolt and how theyve moved to the iphone. seriously, pack up and move on to iphone forums.

Reactions: Chrisy

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Let me clear up the confusion. Because my wife's BlackBerry Storm, my iPod Touch, numerous iPhone 4's, and a number of other phones didn't scratch in the first year.

This one did. In the first week.

Environment? Maybe. But expectations go UP with each generation, not down.

With a screen this large, it's bound to happen.

Well, if expectations go up, so should awareness of what you do with your device.

Computers aren't getting less fragile as time goes on. Stuff still breaks when you drop it. The laws of physics still apply.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
well chrissy, its not anger. its called annoyance because all these guys are coming back to here JUST to complain about the thunderbolt and how theyve moved to the iphone. seriously, pack up and move on to iphone forums.

Yeah I hear ya. I posted that I disagree with the OP too. Just seems mean to tell him he's too dumb and deserves an iPhone. Oh well. I don't mind hearing others opinions and experiences.

The only scratch on my Tbolt is near the charge port because I always miss the spot and scrape. Otherwise, I take care to keep my phone nice.

carp00r85

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Scratches on tbolt? No problem, switch to an phone made of glass. Magical glass = no scratches. Just make sure you get a bumper...not to prevent scratches, just to make sure you can actually use the phone.

Reactions: bthomp21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol