Can't connect to pc

juli0

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Can't get my brand new Thunderbolt to connect to my pc. I've tried all the connection types and nothing. Windows won't recognize it nor will HTCSync. Have also tried restarting computer and rebooting the phone as well.

After getting frustrated, I tried to see if my computer would recognize my dads Thunderbolt and it did. It worked perfectly fine. Showed up on HTCSync and on Windows Explorer. Seems to be an issue with my phone, possibly the SD card? Anyone have a clue or experiencing the same issue?

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Can't get my brand new Thunderbolt to connect to my pc. I've tried all the connection types and nothing. Windows won't recognize it nor will HTCSync. Have also tried restarting computer and rebooting the phone as well.

After getting frustrated, I tried to see if my computer would recognize my dads Thunderbolt and it did. It worked perfectly fine. Showed up on HTCSync and on Windows Explorer. Seems to be an issue with my phone, possibly the SD card? Anyone have a clue or experiencing the same issue?

Try this goto Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging.
Put a check in that box. it should connect then.

Or

Have you rebooted your Thunderbolt while connected to your PC?

If not try this?

Keep the MicroUSB plugged in. Reboot your TB.
When your TB boots up? There should be a menu that comes up.
Select mount as disk drive.

Hopefully, your PC will recognize your TB then.

juli0

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried all those methods and none work. I've tried everything I could think of to get my computer to show my TB. Nothing seems to work though. It won't show up anywhere. Don't even get mount option from the drop-down menu. No usb symbol on the notification bar when plugged into pc either.

After I connected my fathers TB, it installed the drivers and all but that also seems to have no effect on getting the pc to read my TB.

Just haven't got a clue

juli0

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Battery pull didn't change a thing. PC still doesn't recognize the phone. At a loss on what else to do besides go to a Verizon store and have them take a look at it. Nothing at all works.

musicman555

May 13, 2010
Visit site
When I took mine in for the same thing they sent me away and told me to call tech support, then again my Verizon store is the least helpful place for any issues

juli0

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Were you able to resolve anything through tech support? I've just about had it trying everything over and over again for the past few hours.

If you haven't found out anything, I'll update if I find a way to get my TB connected to my pc.

musicman555

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I ended up trying everything that the others above suggested and a battery pull before calling and it worked for me so I never had a chance to call. Sorry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21