4G in NW Indiana today

vames

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
This might be of interest to about 1.5 people (and I'm one :) ) but it appears 4G is live in Northwest Indiana this morning. I've had my TBolt for about a month now and I've had 4G when traveling closer to Chicago (about a week ago it literally picked up right at the IL-IN state line), but today is the first time I've seen it in Indiana. Speedtest showed 16934kbps down and 2282kbps up. Hooray! The coverage map @ VZW still shows it stopping at the border, but I'm good so far (oh, about an hour or so now...) about 20 miles into Indiana. Here's hoping it's on for good.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I work on 96th street and Keystone and I was talking to a tech that was working on the tower by my work. He stated that it should be up in 2to3 weeks. They turned it on for 3 hours for test but had to turn it back off. They are thing to get it up before the 500 for the large amount of people about to visit. Soon it will be fully up. Sweet.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to find a roadmap of where they are planning upgrades?
4G is about 6 miles from me, in a direction I seldom travel. Today I drove to that area because I realized I had never seen 4G on my TB before. Yes, it works. :) . But I'm curious about when/if they plan to extend it.