4G sighting in Grand Rapids, MI!

ChevyStorm88

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
While working near the intersection of Kalamazoo and Burton yesterday, I noticed I was running 4G LTE! We were traveling as I noticed and once I arrived back in the downtown area I was back to 3G, BUT I was able to test one website successfully (Android Central of coarse). I'm sure it was just a tower test I happened to notice, and my Verizon rep agrees. Either way; exciting news!!!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Good news now they just need to start heading to the north/east to the tri city area which is suppose to have 4G by the end of this year.

ChevyStorm88

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
My VZ rep is saying we should be live in June, so lets keep our fingers crossed...

Mclarry,
What the heck is going on with the Wings!?:mad:

adaorange

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
ooh, i will be driving in that area (burton/east paris) today, I'll check for it.

uhm! uhm! I just turned my wifi off and we are getting 4G in Cascade! yay!

Last edited:

uflac1105

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Very Nice. I live by Rockford. I will test when I get home form the north country tonight. My VZW rep said that all of West Mich should have 4g lte very soon!

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Just announced this morning on local TV WoodTV8 that LTE is on for good in metro GR. They quoted VZW as saying the engineers completed the rollout early, and turned it on.

Verizon launches high-speed 4G LTE data network early in Grand Rapids | MLive.com

"But a company spokesperson said the network is now active in the Grand Rapids area, which reportedly will cover Cascade Township, East Grand Rapids, Grandville, Kentwood and Wyoming"

"The other Michigan communities expected to get Verizon's LTE network on June 16 are:
• Flint, Flushing and Grand Blanc.
• Lansing, Dewitt, Dimondale, East Lansing, Haslett, Holt, Laingsburg, Okemos and Waverly.
• Ann Arbor, Brighton, Plymouth, Walled Lake and Ypsilanti."

Last edited:

xxtsxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Just announced this morning on local TV WoodTV8 that LTE is on for good in metro GR. They quoted VZW as saying the engineers completed the rollout early, and turned it on.

Verizon launches high-speed 4G LTE data network early in Grand Rapids | MLive.com

"But a company spokesperson said the network is now active in the Grand Rapids area, which reportedly will cover Cascade Township, East Grand Rapids, Grandville, Kentwood and Wyoming"

"The other Michigan communities expected to get Verizon's LTE network on June 16 are:
? Flint, Flushing and Grand Blanc.
? Lansing, Dewitt, Dimondale, East Lansing, Haslett, Holt, Laingsburg, Okemos and Waverly.
? Ann Arbor, Brighton, Plymouth, Walled Lake and Ypsilanti."
Your my hero!
you literally made my day thanks

loonie01

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I work and live in Detroit and the 4G speeds are fast as hell. I can get anywhere from 8 Mps to 20 Mps. No lie. the 8 is usually downtown Detroit.